Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Piercings

• 19-02-2002 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

What does anyone in Dublin think of the different piercing studios-what are your opinions on the various ones? I think that Metal Morphosis in Temple Bar, Dublin just attract the little teeny boppers going into get their navels pierced at totally extorshionist prices. Dont people know that if they shopped around and looked at different studios that they would find much cheaper prices with the same services- take Adonis Piercing for example in Ms Fantasias...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i've been to the main ones around dublin and i find bodyshock are the best in my opinion.

yes adonis is slightly cheaper,but glen gives me the creeps...

have to agree with ya about metal morphosis too (oooh look at the the glittery and shiny things..ooohwawaaaa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Carobobaline
    After Hours is a better place for this thread and for you to get the responses you want...
    Nothing really to do with college if you get what I mean

[My teachers always told me its rude to write in red...
    But who am I to comment:rolleyes: ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Originally posted by 80project
    Carobobaline
    [My teachers always told me its rude to write in red...
    But who am I to comment:rolleyes: ]

I teacher told you its rude to write in red?
    I've got copybooks full of red notes from teachers ... usualy saying thinks like this is good but whats your point , or learn to spell you lazy child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Only ever got my nose peirced (So far :p ) and I got it done in Metal Morphosis for 15 quid. Hardly extortionist I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Im thinking of getting my lower lip piercied but not with the usual metal stud, i was thinking more along the lines of a "gayish" light blue stud..considering i have been painting my nails black this is no big whoosh, i just need to work up the balls to let someone actually do it.

anyone recommend a place, who induce the least pain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭schrodinger

I've heard good things about Snake Bite on Abbey Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Piercings......

All i can think of is the film Kevin and Perry go Large, and the 2 girls with the secptic bellys.....and spots...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I have a five inch metal rod through the head of my johnson.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

still think body shock is the best place(got my neck pierced there..mmm it was good).snakebite is also cool(got my arm done there and it was relatively painless)
    i only paid £10 for my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

I reckon adonis-its cool, cheap hygenic and you can meet me working there-lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I think Metal Morphosis is absolutely brilliant. I won't hear a word said against it. I've gotten to know the guy that did my piercings in there and the aftercare is brilliant. Whenever I have a problem, I can go in and have it checked out for free - they change jewellry for free - they just provide an excellent service. They even have a hotline in case of an emergency where you can get advice.

Miss Fantasia are cheap but their aftercare is deplorable, and that place in George's Street Arcade is a nightmare. Snakebite is popular too but I've never been in there actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

never got a piercing, never will...

nothing in particular against them;- just that they're not for me.

Originally posted by sickle
    i only paid £10 for my nose.

hee hee hee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Hmmm...how bou that little place in Georges arcade?

It looks...*snicker*...very...good.

Hehe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carobobaline

LOL But metal morphosis are like the Dunnes Stores of Piercing-i mean, come on,chain storepiercing. Sean the piercer there is a nice guy and all (he goes out with my best friend) but theycouldnt bemore stuck up thier own arses if they tried!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"the Dunnes Stores of Piercing" - sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

If you are looking for cheap piercings go into Adonis at the back of miss fantasia's.Caroline johnson works there full time.Tell her you were sent by demo.That should work,I'm not sure if she
    is a bitch about it though.Yes,i concur,glen is a bit mad!!Plus a girl working in there is a black metaller,which automatically makes people sound :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Glen is scary, with the things in his head and all, my mate got his nipple peirced there it was like "A man caled horse" really funny, it got infected and he took it out and now one nipple is bigger than the other Lol!

bomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Glen might be scary but as far as I know he is one of the best of Dublin. He did 15 of mine, and I never had any problem with them. He is always willing to help is you have questions, and it's the first time I hear of a piercing done by him turning badly. His studio is the cleanest I have seen around Dublin.

And he is a cool guy anyway. Ok, he looks unusual, but he is competent, so what are you looking for, somebody good looking to do your piercings?

Body shock is good too.
    The place inside George Arcade is not a piercing studio, they are 0- for hygiene. Until recently they were only using a gun, and that's not hygiene to me.
    Metalmorphosis, a friend ended up in hospital because her nipple hadn't been pierced properly in there, so no, I wouldn't advise it.

The place in Stephen's Green is ok, as far as I know.

I don't know if Snakebite is still around, but I heard some pretty horrid stories about this place. Both as a piercing and a tattoo studio, so don't try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Im not slagging him, he's just scary to the average joe.
    hes actually a nice bloke i met him once or twice
    BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Squeaks

I got my eyebrow done in the arcade and it got infected in like 2 days. never again. igot the rest of my stuff done in bodyshock. and i got to say that paddy fella is nice bloke. as for prices well the question is do you want it don rite or cheap? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I had my eyebrow peirced a few years ago... the damn thing slowly ripped out, leaving a nice scar. :rolleyes:
    Other than that, I'm not a big fan of peircings (or tattoos for that matter), I just don't see the point tbh... horses for courses, each to their own and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

got 4 bolts in my head in navan hospital, highly recommended, great after care, gave me my own wrench so I can tighten up the bolts anytime they loosen.

Kwel Piercings

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Very proud of my basic Ear Piercings (Top, middle and bottom of left ear) - Plan to make it four, possibly five only that would mean piercing my right ear... Not that I mind doing that, it's just Im sure there'll be quite a variety of sad minded bastards who'd remember that old theory - "Those with piercings in their left ear are gay!"

Of course, it's true - the fantasmic orgasmic feeling of having metal crammed in your "LEFT" ear will "DEFINATELY" convert you into something more... Gayish...

I mean, why wouldn't it... etc

Sod it, I'll get the top of my left ear pierced and another in my right... I'm not popular enough for anyone to notice anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Squeaks

well then in theroy havin bout done will just make you a big bisexual slut. i think its great to know you have options. i mean after all a hole is a hole is a hole:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Qualm

Good site for pictures and stuff of piercings:
    www.bme.freeq.com

I likes the feel metal thru meh :) Navel, lobes X2, conch and my new and fave one, tragus. Got my conch butchered, sorry, done in georges street arcade. Tried to sell me that alcohol ear cleaning ****e, big no-no, then again, they did do it with a gun (i was young and stupid and feeling rebellious), ouch. Metalmorphosis wouldnt do my mates tongue as they were afraid theyd hit the veins, so off she went to body shock, and not a problem. I dont think in metalmorphosis they are trained, as in bodyshock i believe they have some sort of qualifications. Not to bad mouth or anything. :)

Happy hole making

Advertisement