Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home page

• 19-02-2002 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Was wondering what people use as their homepage

I use blank or google normally

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Default from DNC (don't have own PC).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

mine's google, it loads fast and I use it alot being the reasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

start>run>iexplore www.boards.ie

:)

never open the damned thing by itself

or else start>run>opera :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

I have www.thehungersite.com as my homepage, i mean it takes all of 10 seconds to click and donate free food, a damn good idea and that means i dont forget so i do it every day (gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside :P), nah, seriously, it's something i think is worthwhile.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

about:blank
    No point in waitin if i've somewhere i want to go..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

start>run>iexplore www.boards.ie

Or just "[WindowsButton+R] www.boards.ie [enter]" - Windows recognises URLs automatically and opens your default browser.

Personally I use about:blank and have "New IE Window" as a single-button shortcut on my keyboard, which is handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya me too the most intrestin page, ABOUT BLANK

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

about:blank
    I find IE opens much quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I've used about:blank for ages now because it means windows open a lot quicker, and I tend to use a lot of IE windows, Shift and click to open a link in a new window is also a favourite of mine :).

On a side note, how does www.thehungersite.com work? And are they being entirely honest? I'd make the effort to click the link every day if I thought it would be providing 1.1 cups of food for hungry people, but I don't see how it can work?

• Advertisement

On a side note, how does www.thehungersite.com work? And are they being entirely honest? I'd make the effort to click the link every day if I thought it would be providing 1.1 cups of food for hungry people, but I don't see how it can work?

I've just been looking there myself and I can't see how that works either. Whatever about the companys like Amazon that advertise on the site donating money to them for the referrals, but on the other hand there doesn't seem to be anything on the site worth tricking people into seeing (by clicking the link).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

www.msn.com

Damn I'm lazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

I use this magical place as my home page, it would be google but their toolbar is "bleedin' rapie" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by Mills

im sure its like every other site that has and banners and popups - advertising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Originally posted by Mills
    I've used about:blank for ages now because it means windows open a lot quicker, and I tend to use a lot of IE windows, Shift and click to open a link in a new window is also a favourite of mine :).

[off_topic]
    Get Opera; much faster than IE and has windows-in-workspace kinda thing.
    [/off_topic]

My homepage is boards.ie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

about:blank in IE6
    www.boards.ie in Opera 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Pigsback for me! :) Notch myself some points up before I browse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

about:blank for me plus the google toolbar is dead handy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

At home its boards.ie, but here in college it is the college homepage :(

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

www.boards.ie Accept no substitute

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

about:blank at home, intranet site at work.

In any other browsers I have (NN4, 6, Opera 5, 6) it's a blank page. It's quicker and I usually have a destination in mind when opening a window.

Google Toolbar is my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

www.lowbrow.com - need to know there are people out there who are more cringeworthy than I am before I go for a browse.

Works every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

www.boards.ie...

Born to post.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

At home: about:blank

(Or google when I'm dialing up - very little download time. )

In college: Annoying college computer services homepage (complete with pop-up information window)

It gets really annoying, especially the pop-up every time you hit the home page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

At home: still no net connection :( Although I use my own test webpage as home in my personal apache server for testing cgi scripts. Does that count??:)

In college: These win2k workstations still haven't been configured properly, after 8 months, so it still opens this
    http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&pver=5.5&ar=msnhome extremely annoying page. Or at least it tries to. That stop button gets pressed so fast........:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

has to be about:blank all the way baby.

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daftbegger

Advertisement