Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, the situation is as follows?

Options
  • 19-02-2002 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

With all this running around, and commotion going on with Com's companies rushing to Ireland to take hold of Irelands desperate rate in need of flat rate net access, we sit with large smiles on our faces, and pray to the lord in heaven these people don't back end us, because Eircom, or the Goverment decides to yet again deprive the irish people of what they need, INFORMATION.

Not just information about the actuall sevices, but the Internet itself is bursting with information. The Irish people have a RIGHT to be able to access this stuff, without having to take a break from reading what they're looking at, and gawking at the clock hoping the phone bill doesnt run up.

I don't care at this stage about BroadBand, its not on my list right now... The only thing which is; Unmetered access plans.

Heres what it LOOKS like whats going down:

The end of 2002 seems to be our light?

» Skynet, Flate Rate access?
    » NTL spreads outward..
    » Chrous decides to get off its ass and do their roll out sceme?
    » The endlish com's companies get a word in.

Now, to me.. Shortly after MAY is when we should be stroking our own hands and awaiting the sudden pour of Net Access, at afordable prices..

Im not saying this is something worth cheering over, because as we know... These things have a habbit of NOT GOING AHEAD, or BEING POSPONED A COUPLE OF YEARS.

Now, finally.. I have a question..

Would you move to England, for better net acess?
    How about the US for the super broadband?

.... When I had my IOL No Limits connection, I was used to getting info on tap..

I wan't that privlidge BACK!
    NOT IN 2 YEARS
    NOT IN 13 MONTHS
    NOT WHEN EIRCOM DECIDE TO LET US HAVE IT
    AT MAX!

7 Months.

What is 7 months?
    7 months is enough time for any company to get its **** sorted.
    ANY COMPANY...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Arboration
    The end of 2002 seems to be our light?

» Skynet, Flate Rate access?
    » NTL spreads outward..
    » Chrous decides to get off its ass and do their roll out sceme?
    » The endlish com's companies get a word in.

Dont hold your breath:(
    Skynet seems to be business only? NTL wont do bubkus apart from maybe re-launch a few dozen more times in the same area of dublin. Chorus i still know nothing about :)

I remember hearing some gossip about SNL a few months before it was launched and thinking 'FINALLY, flat rate access - at last'.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Spoke to NTL, who kindly informed me "No you can't get any decent net access where you live" (Ie there's no cable internet in my area).

They also said that cable internet won't be available in any other areas for a good while. They want to see how it will go in the current areas, and then they'll "think" about other areas. It didn't sound too positive, but then again... were we expecting a positive response? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

A company gets skeptic' about providing access because of little interest.
    Why is there little interest?
    Because the Ireland is a country of people who know only one thing:

The Internet costs more money than they can aford.

What they don't know:

Ireland is at the bottom of the list, because of lazy greedy Telecom companies not providing access plans.

This is a hole that we are not going to get out of to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Aboration, its nothing to do with ntl getting skeptical. Its more to do with NTL promising the moon and then realising they didnt (and probably never will) have the money to upgrade the decrepid network they bought.
    They upgraded the current 2 way areas about 2 years ago. These areas were to be the first of a dublin-wide roll out. The rol out never happened but they have 're-launched' the service twice now in the same areas.
    Theres lots of interest in the service, its just that most people dont have access to it. Id bet that 90% of the people here would be on it given half a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Id bet that 90% of the people here would be on it given half a chance.

Damn right. As sh*tty as NTL's customer services apparently are, I'd still prefer to give them money than eircom.

• Advertisement
Advertisement