Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WipeOut Fusion

• 19-02-2002 9:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭

Just bought it today, haven't played it yet though as I'm in work. I'm just wondering has anyone played it yet and if so did they like it? Is it as good as its predecessors? Is the sound track good? I can't wait to get home and try it but until then I'd like to hear what people think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I think you should have read the reviews before buying it m8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Ah don't be saying that. It's not that bad is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I bought it on Saturday, and am kinda disappointed... doesn't have the wipeout feel if you know what i mean. And its alot more fighting based, which can be annoying at times. I am a massive fan of the wipeout series, but the jury is still out on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i've never been much of a fan of the wipeout series, and this game is worse than the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've always had a soft spot for WipEout, but Fusion leaves me totally cold. The handling is poo, it's much more weapons reliant than the other ones, and the graphics really aren't anything to write home about. I was really disappointed by it frankly - I had more fun playing Extreme G 3 than I had playing this.

• Advertisement

After having playing it for a bit tonight.... too much enery is taken from you when you hit something, and you slow down way too much when hit with anything..... which is fine, execpt its **** hard to dodge an enemy you just smacked with something, they tend to stop and turn sideways, meaning you ram into them and slow down a fair bit in the process.

I like the tracks tho, but bascially those damn ****ers keep getting in the way!! Alot more space to manover in Extream G3.

Ohhh how i wish they based Fusion on wipeout 2097 more.... now that game rocked... seriously. I gave up 5 months of my life playing the game, and by the looks of it, in a months time I'll be still playing it more than Fusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

4 people said it sucked,nobody liked it.
    Answer your question sick boy? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I played the firstv WipEout to bits. The 2nd was too easy in comparison :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I have the other 3, 2097 was da best. Prolly buy this one to complete the set anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

It's nothing like the old ones at all. Loved the other three, but this was a bit of a dissapointment. The ships seem to stick to the track and as bubbles mentioned the way ships veer sideways and come to a complete halt right in front of you if you hit them with a weapon is very, very annoying.

• Advertisement

I've starting to get used to the ships slowing down and going all over... still ruins the smooth flow of the game you normally expect from wipeout.... got to get some bigger weapons! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

But theres no real sensation on incredible speed only with the top end ships, its not worth the G...tis a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes Rapier class in 2097 always impressed me. The sheer level of concentration needed to keep on the straight and narrow really made it seem like you were actually racing the damn thing. It was an exhausting experience, but one I thoroughly enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

it not that good:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I was really dissapointed with the game, way too weapons based for my liking, but i turned off the weapons and the game came into its own, just racing is far better than racing with the weapons on, still a dissapointing game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i still play and prefer the origional to '2097' or 'Wip3out'. Havnt played Fusion yet. dont really intend on playing any time soon either.

Advertisement