Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vigor 2200USB

Options
  • 19-02-2002 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Has anyone succeeded in using this router with the Alcatel Speedtouch USB and i-stream? The company in UK, SEG, which distributes this router is reluctant to sell it to ROI since it has not been tested in that setting by them. It works with all UK broadband providers.

See details at:
    www.draytek.co.uk
    www.seg.co.uk

Ikomj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Haven't heard of that one before, but from the info. on the site there doesn't seem to be any reason why it wouldn't. From the specs. it says it supports PPPoE, so once there's a built in PPPoE client it should be ok.
    Just this part I wouldn't be too sure on "It should also be compatible with most other ISPs who use BTIgnite as the ADSL line provider" i.e if there's any major differences between BTIgnite and Eircom's service.
    But without knowing for sure I probably wouldn't take the gamble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ikomj

Thanks Frank. I too hesitate to try for it until I hear more. I would welcome any other responses - especially if anyone has indeed tried it.
    Best wishes,
    Ikomj

Advertisement