Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digifone GPRS

• 19-02-2002 11:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Went into the Digicentre in Waterford today and asked for prices on a 8310 (yea i like the phone and its fetures and so what if its buggy) I asked him how much it was on contract. He said "is that the same as a bill phone". So i told him yes and then he went "you need to be over 21 to have a bill phone". Then i told him i had one (which i do) and he said "ok well we don't have any prices yet nad won't know for a couple of weeks". So i said fine and walked out and went down to Cellular World and asked. The girl behind the counter said "It'll be €250 on Select if your a new customer" i told her i had a Bonus plus upgrade and she checked the prices "yep it'll still be €250".
    Why did CW have the prices and Digicentre not??
    Also anyone used a 8310 yet?? and whats the gprs speeds like and the signal.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

and what el mobilo seniora should have told you was that you need to be 21 to get onto Esat, Eircell will take 18 year olds.

I'm tempted to change over to Esat GPRS and get a nokia 7650 when they come out... bloody expensive I know but its a new gadget and im a gadgety person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by PPC
    Also anyone used a 8310 yet?? and whats the gprs speeds like and the signal.

horrible phone
    i don't like nokia's @ the best of time either
    menu's are nice
    but the actual s/w is awful
    just my 0.02c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by rymus
    and what el mobilo seniora should have told you was that you need to be 21 to get onto Esat, Eircell will take 18 year olds.

I'm 17 and i've had a contract since im 16..

And I want a decent phone cause i have an 8210 and its too big (yes its too big) I want something small, Nokia, with an IR port and GPRS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

an 8210 is too big? maybe what you need is a fly with a GSM tranciever on its back then... cos thats about the only way ure going to get a smaller phone..

As for getting a contract at 16 - well done. Id love to hear how you managed that one (esat wouldnt even take me on 6 months before my 21st bday)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by PPC
    And I want a decent phone cause i have an 8210 and its too big (yes its too big) I want something small, Nokia, with an IR port and GPRS.

you won't be getting anything smaller any time soon either i'm afraid

• Advertisement

Originally posted by rymus
    As for getting a contract at 16 - well done. Id love to hear how you managed that one (esat wouldnt even take me on 6 months before my 21st bday)

Got it through the company. My friend got his through his parents and he was 16 aswell.

The 8310 is the smallest Nokia out there but its a little heavier thats the only thing.
    I'm to god damn fussy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I got my Eircell contract when I was 13, though its in my mother's name...

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by PPC
    So i said fine and walked out and went down to Cellular World and asked.

I find it hard to believe that you went down to cellular world in waterford while there is no outlet there :) The handset AFAIK hasnt been approved on Digifone yet. They are right about the price tho it will be around 250 - 270 euros.
    Also anyone used a 8310 yet?? and whats the gprs speeds like and the signal. [/B]

I have an 8310 but there is software issues with it. FOr example you read a text message and the phone powers off. The wap over GPRS works great.

Originally posted by XbLaDe

I find it hard to believe that you went down to cellular world in waterford while there is no outlet there :)B]

Yeah soz it was One2One i think.
    I dunno but its down by Phelans Tobaccoist.

Advertisement