Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking question

• 24-01-2001 7:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

How high can you raise the front bus speed on an ABit k7 mobo (i think it is) it's default is 200 but i wanna try my hand at oc'ing. the processor is a 1gig athlon tbird

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Up it in small increments (assuming softmenu 3) until it hangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Canaboid:

Up it in small increments (assuming softmenu 3) until it hangs.
    </font>

Or until you melt your processor... whichever comes first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Well im running my raid 1gig tbird at 1.2 thro softmenu and its rock steady havent felt the need to crank it up any higher YET lol.Probably ill get bored and start messing soon so ill keep you posted unless i melt me cpu hehehe

Stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

hmmm i think i'll wait till feel the need to overclock. a melted chip would be good to use as a weapon tho, imagine the headlines smile.gif

cheers

glassesprv.gif
    Sweeet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

It won't melt or even suffer damage unless u do something really stupid (i.e 2ghz). It will just lock up. If you've a decent cooler you'll be fine for another 100-200mhz anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement