Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Music Videos

Options
  • 20-02-2002 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

i saw one on MTV2 about 20 minutes ago. it was bizarre

band: Add N To [X]
    song: Metal Fingers In My Body

basically it was a cartoon video with a robot shagging a woman

strange stuff. anyone have anymore?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

You wanna see their soft pr0n video, basically two girls getting funky.

Atari Teenage Riot:Revolution Action.
    Basically an entire office starts screwing their workstations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Tool's video for Schizm is pretty ****ing strange...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

or any tool video. always entertaining tho

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anything directed by Chris Cunningham (Aphex Twin, Squarepushed, some Bjork).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    i saw one on MTV2 about 20 minutes ago. it was bizarre

band: Add N To [X]
    song: Metal Fingers In My Body

basically it was a cartoon video with a robot shagging a woman

strange stuff. anyone have anymore?

A friend was telling me about a video that sounds similiar to this last year on MTV2.Strangely enough it went out during the daytime!I think he said it was a German band?
    Anyway,strangest video[well,strange in that it has an inspired ending]is Smack my bitch up by prodigy.You see for about 5 minutes a constant trail of fighting,heavy drinking,womanising and strip clubs before the person picks up a woman and takes her home.At the end it turns out it was a woman all along and not a man on the wild night out.Course Id think most of you have seen the video so you probably know all this.I only seen it once late night on VH1 a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Have you seen the Video for Guns N' Roses - Estranged?

That is a really odd video. None of it makes sense.

It starts off with a bunch of coppers with guns running into Axl's house, then Axl taking a shower in his clothes.

Then its shows Axl walking down a street and these dolphins are jumping out of this sign post.

Then it moves onto Slash doing a guitar solo, floating down an LA street. He aint moving his legs, but just flies along the ground while jamming on a guitar as if he's slipping on black ice or something. He then slides passed a TV store and it zooms into one of the screens.

On the screen is a big oil tanker. Axl is there on the oil tanker, then jumps off the side of it (I bet it cost them a bomb to do that). Then a guy throws out a Life Ring or what ever you want to call it out to him. He then throws it back and starts sinking under the water.

Then these dolphins arrive again and give axl a little back ride.

And then Slash rises out of the storny sea with a guitar, doing another solo.

Can't get any weirder, huh?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Fear Factory's "Resurrection" video is pretty weird. When I watched that for the first time I just went... WTF?!!

"God Of Emptiness" by Morbid Angel was pretty strange too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That Aphex Twin Video with the hot women with mens heads is screwed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i remember watching that Aphex Twins video for the first time and seeing all those ladies doing their thing. i literally sat speachless when their heads were shown until the end of the video. crazy stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I think the GNR Estranged vid was just rock overindulgence. Right lads we have a million bucks to spend, what do you want in the vid ?

Axl: I think it'd be cool for me to jump off this big huge oil tanker
    Slash: I want to float down sunset playing a guitar, and also rise out of water playing a cool guitar solo
    Duff: Row row row your boat.....
    Matt: meep
    Gilby: I am the hired hand, what would you like me to do.

Actually Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged are based on some short story Axls friend wrote. Estranged is way more symbolic than the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

The Aphex Twin Vid is called windowlicker, tis effin class.. all the tool vids rule.. some nice weird nine inch nails vidz there are to...

Happyness In Slavery, Sin, Closer, Help me I am in Hell...

best one has to be the broken movie (done with the lead singere of the Revolting Cócks I believe or was it Pig.. (?)).. its about 330Megs to download but its worth it, basically its the Broken EP in snuff / torture film form with music vids all through it.. one funny bit is where the kidnapper / torturer is watching wish and at the end of the vid he keeps rewinding to the point where reznor yells "fist fúck" and gobbing an eyeful of his prey at the same time.. hehe..

give it a download from kazaa or morpheous... :) tis pretty cool..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

Agree with Robbo anything by Chris C is great.

The strangest though has to be Aphex Twin-"Come To Daddy"

F**ked up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

The Don't Cry video was also pretty strange also :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The two GWAR videos I've seen are a little bizzare, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Avalanches: Frontier Psychiatrist
    Rammstein : Ich Will
    Alice In Chains: I Stay Away
    Metallica : Enter Sandman, The Unforgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jasmine

radiohead- just

i love tat video so much. first it shows the band playing in this high rise flat, and underneath theres a guy walkin along then he stops and lies down on the middle of the footpath. i guy trips over him. it shows in subtitles under wat he says to the guy (theres subtitles underneath for anyone tat talks). he wants to no why hes lyin down in the road. soon loads of ppl r gathered round askin him why, but he wont say. hes not suidal, hes not hurt, hes not crazy. theres total suspension towards the end and you really wanna no why hes lying there
    eventually after there all begging him t0 tell them why he says 'ok i'll tell you why i'm lyin here...you dont know wat u ask of me... god help us all...'
    then the subtitles go and the guy says something. only we dont see wat it is.
    it shows tom yorke goin to the window of the flat where there playing and lookin down to everyone below...
    and there all lyin on the street.

its not that strange but it is a class video.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

UNKLE/DJ Shadow/Thom Yorke - Rabbit in your headlights video is a tad odd. And very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

Six - their new single..........hmmmm

wtf - as if they werent bad enuff.....and dont flame me for mentioning their name....i was in a girls house!! :rolleyes:

ugly fecks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Originally posted by Rolo Tomasi
    Agree with Robbo anything by Chris C is great.

The strangest though has to be Aphex Twin-"Come To Daddy"

F**ked up

I don't see what the big deal with come to daddy is. totally normal.

Window Licker is a much stranger and a *much* better video.

Advertisement