Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA 3 on the PC

Options
  • 20-02-2002 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

just wondering, does any1 know when the release date for ireland is?

thanks
    kev

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

according to the usual sources it will be april 02 .
    I hope to get a copy from USA during april as i have zero faith in a release date posted by EB or any other games company in Ireland.

kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

On Feb 13th Rockstar put out a press release stating that GTA3 wont be available until summer 2002. Must have the game though :)

Secondly, Duke Nukem Forever isn't coming out this year!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

On Feb 13th Rockstar put out a press release stating that GTA3 wont be available until summer 2002.

Yeah, we're looking at July/August apparently. All the confusion over the PC version was, allegedly, because they actually weren't sure whether they were going to go ahead with it or not. I was told by a not-very-reliable source that they decided to continue with the PC project only on the basis that they can consider it R&D work for the Xbox version...

Secondly, Duke Nukem Forever isn't coming out this year!

... Says who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Not coming out this year? Bollocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I haven't played the PS ver yet - mate got it though but jeez cant wait for the PC version - it better be spectacular after making us wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

While on the subject of PS2 to Pc does anyone know if that ISS pro evolution soccer is coming out for the PC?

Well they said they aren't factoring DNF into their 2002 fiscal which comes to an end on October 31st so it may sneak in for a very late 2002 release but im not convinced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Well they said they aren't factoring DNF into their 2002 fiscal which comes to an end on October 31st so it may sneak in for a very late 2002 release but im not convinced.

Ah. The reason for this is simple - 3D Realms haven't given them a date for DNF, and hence they can't factor them into the financials. There's a note on the end of the financial summary to this effect, stating that they expect the game in Autumn/Winter but as they have no confirmation of this, it would be bad practice to consider the game in the figures.

And Take2 of all people should be worried about being hit for bad practice right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Originally posted by Shinji

And Take2 of all people should be worried about being hit for bad practice right now...

Heh, yeah. Their under investigation at the moment aren't they? Along with NVidia. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Jaysus i had heard it wasn't gonna be released on PC this thread has given me a lot of joy. I feckin love that game! Can't wait till it's out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Adrenaline Vault updated their PC Release list today, and have GTA 3 marked down with a March 22nd, 2002 release date.

http://www.avault.com/previews/

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

any one know if there's any chance of a first person view for GTA3 on the PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

i can imagine how piss-easy some of the gta3 sniping missions will be with a pc mouse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What, like as easy as Rich's ma?

Advertisement