Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Segas Multi Format Development

Options
  • 20-02-2002 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I support Segas decision to quit the software business. In consoles it's all about the games, so I don't think it'll be much of a loss. I realise that the company needs to develop for all the formats to ensure that they get good software sales.

The problem is I don't fancy having to buy PS2, X-Box and Gamecube to play all the Sega classics. I simply don't have anywhere near enough money.

ON Gamecube theres Sonic, Phantasy Star.

On X-Box theres Jet Set Radio Future (which looks fantastic)

On PS2 theres Virtua Fighter 4.

I'm itching to play Virtua fighter 4 but otherwise I'd opt for Gamecube. I don't believe all that crap people say about it not having 'adult' games. Adult games is such a load of garbage. Resident evil is so shallow and mindless it could be played by a 4 year old yet something like Mario 64 can take weeks to master.

All in all I see Sega's first party teams and Nintendos 1st party teams as a winning combination. Game Cubes going to have some impressive 'cutsie childish' games. I could'nt give a **** about the image - it's the playability.

The X-Box I'm going to give a miss. If I want to play FPS games or online games with a HD i'll use my PC.

Advertisement