Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue from websites

Options
  • 20-02-2002 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

I own a travel website, set up 3 years ago. the URL is www.stonedcrow.com (If anyone is going or knows anyone going they should check the site out) It has some invaluable information for persons heading to Oz

Anyway, of late i am trying to tweak the pages to be more search engine friendly.

1. My question is does anyone know how many hits/visits i need per week/month to start making some cash?

2. Second, how do i go about getting someone to sponsor etc.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

In answer to your question :

1. I think you need around 3,000 or 4,000 targetted visitors per day before you can hope to make any decent money from banner ads.

2. You would first of all need to tidy up the site - it looks a bit cluttered and the text is hard to read on my resolution (1024 x 768).

After you've made the site cleaner and more professional looking I would talk to some travel companies and try to arrange some sort of commission for sending them paying customers.

If you're really serious about it you could do something similar to directski.com and handle all the details for potential travellers - organise flights, accommodation, equipment, needle jabs, the works and charge a fee.

You could also advertise yourself as a consultantant for people coming from or going to Oz.

Just a couple of ideas ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

thanks for the reply terninator,

I will get to tyding up the site soon.

I had thought about setting up a link to someone who say sells flights to Oz. My question is how can i check how many hits/ sales that company would be getting from my site.

Like if i could find a travel agent and send all my traffic to them by way of a banner add. How can i see if they make any sales from it?

Does anyone know of a website where i could find companies looking for websites to advertise on?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There are a number of affiliate programs available from some of the bigger travel companies.
    If you do a search on any search engine for affiliate programs you'll see what I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

manonthemoon, try CJ.com or if you're getting said 3/4k a day, apply to ValueClick

Advertisement