Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win98 installtion prob

• 20-02-2002 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

ok i've had problems with a 4gb hardrive not being detected, i got it sorted a few days ago i installed win98se everything setup perfect. Then today the 4gb hardrive isn't detected messes up drive order, win.com etc cant be found so i go to reinstall win98 all the files copy and i restart computer, then i get the error comctl32.dll cannot be opened. I get this error trying both win98 and win98se cd's. Any idea's? and to the reason all this happened, anyway to stop a hardrive suddenly not being detected etc messing up drive order so win98 wont boot?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

open the puter and give the ide cables a bit of a shove into their sockets. Same **** was happening on a machine in work the other day. BIOS was finding it and POSTing. I think it was even getting half way in the boot process then it died. Loose cables. Very odd.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ha ha eamo, bet he's right too, you and anto are far too senstive about the old computer bits, slap them in there and they work fine. Your hd worked fine in mine, only took a min to get it workin too.

Advertisement