Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does it work for you?

Options
  • 20-02-2002 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

<edit>
    Hey, orginally i had a problem with one of the pages that i made with 2 scripts that were in the <head> bit of the page. And they dont' seem to work on my computer and generate a script error, however after uploading the page, it seems to work fine. Its just everything always works on the my computer as its set up in the same way as the webdirectories and so links and stuff work. So i think it may just be stuck in my cache for the reason its working.

*GASP* anyway, does this page load for you with out a script error? and is the nav bar visible, i have my doubts that it is working and if it is i will post up the script to see if ya can help,

Thx,
    Gid.

oh the addie is URL=http://karting.compsoc.com/Pictures/Kylemore1.html]here[/URL

</edit>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Works for me using IE6 on w2k sp2. Quite pretty too.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Snap to what amp said.... the same setup...

but using opera, there is no menu visible, and the pictures don't fade in on mouseover - they are just fully visible all the time... prolly cause of:
    Version information
    Version
    Build
    Platform
    Win32
    System
    Windows 2000
    &#160;
    Java
    No Java Runtime Environment installed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Windows XP Pro and the standard IE6 it works grand.
    Damn thats a nice site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya it seems to work fine in ie.

The fade in only works in ie i think, but the menu bar is suppose to work in opera, having said that i haven't got opera installed, i'll check it out tomo if i can find a cd with it lying around. Its kinda important bit other wise people not usin IE wouldn't be able to get around, bugger. I made it to look good in IE but wanted to at least be functional in other browsers, i've tried the menu in an old netscape and it works fine if a little bulky in places. I'll wanna get opera to work too cos loads more ppl beginin to use that.

Thx for the feedback,
    Gid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

No script errors & nav bar works - galeon 1.0.3, which means it'll work with the latest mozillas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Cool so thats like 90% of browsers, i was gonna try get it to work with Opera too but brain got sizzled and felt like flingin the comp across the room, my search boxes didn't work with it either. grrrrrrrrrr

Advertisement