Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its a lovely case, I'd be very careful about modding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

the blue one wuld be savage I'd say, like a faux-SGi box :)
    nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I've seen people modding these cases before, with very encouraging results. However, those that installed windows had to watch out for the large plastic catches fitted to the case sides, and if they were planning to fit a large window, had to cut the window to fit around these catches (not mine, sadly):

bl00box.gif (55.3kb)

From what I've read:
    * Very easy to change the LEDs (standard 3mm round, in sockets!)
    * A cold cathode running vertically along the front vent looks great!
    * The blue ones look lovely, but getting drives to match would be a pain...

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I realise now why I've been holding off modding my case, it looks ****e compared to that one :) I've had a good look at one of those cases (actually an antec SX1030B, but they are almost the same thing) at a lan, and they are rather sweet. Excellent cooling, and looks the business. Drive matching isn't a major problem when they are hidden behind the door. I'd go for the black one myself anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But every second Dell PC is black nowadays, a Blue one is 'speshul' and makes Mac users jealous cos it looks like a SGi box (which are sweeeeet - nicer curves then Jessica Alba).

Anywhere selling them cheaper then Peats in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

that was my second choice. if i had a lot of money. my first choice well be this bad bitch right here:

http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?search=yes&detail=yes&product=Cas-04&category=Blizzard_Cases&keywords=&hits_seen=&page=search.html

ask them what u what like lights or lcd sreen to buit on it .the bad thing about it is the COST.and also paying other costs like vat and Delivery (there from new york). but bloody hell that case is really sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm gonna get one of these myself.. my black dvdram & cdr drive look odd in a beige case. (and its a good excuse to do a major system upgrade :))

whice one.?

the Frozen Lian-Li PC-70 or the ChiefTec TX-10BD Full Tower Server Case

if ur getting the frozen lian-li-pc70 plz tell me where are u getting it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Bosco

Hi folks,

Just to be awkward....

Unless you're mad and using water to cool your bits, or if you have loads and loads of drives to mount, IMHO there's very little point in getting a full-tower case.

For a start they're big and heavy and awkward to move around the house, never mind to a LAN.
    Second, having loads of dead airspace inside your computer is bad for cooling as dead air will warm up after a while and increase the overall case temperature, so you need to add way more fans to your case than you would otherwise need. Besides being expensive and a drain on your PSU, the noise can get very annoying at night when the house is quiet.

I bought a full tower myself when I built my machine and while I think it looks fairly impressive, I regret not going for a much smaller, lighter, quieter approach.

Bosco

i forgot to tell ya i maybe make a lan box and have the full tower at home

• Advertisement
Advertisement