Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's next?

Options
  • 21-02-2002 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

I have made an Enchanter on AB. Reji gave me a few knick nacks to get me started and I have been levelling up since. I got to meet and group with Regi at one of the camps in EC for an evening. We managed to get a group of beginners to function somewhat as a group and had a great evenings crack :)

Im almost 13 now and Regi cant play Gildyr and keep pace with me so I am wondering who is next on my list of Irish groupmates? I know EQ pretty good at this stage, so I am hoping to do some difficult dungeon crawling rather than soloing if I can. We all know how bad dungeon pickup groups are :)

Regi mentioned thae DeVore is around 20ish so if you still play, I should be there in a week or so, chalk it into your diary. Oh yeah, I will have Breeze by then....:D

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

im nearly 25 right now, but once you are up in the mid twenties we can group. Look for Poket online.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

Most of the interesting dungeons in the game start at around 30-35ish, higher if you're a tank. Lower guk would be my first choice as a dungeon if you can get a snarer and a decent group. Dagnor's, CoM, Karnor's are all very good dungeons that aren't oft-visited because it takes a bit of skill to play there. Most ppl prefer the Lake of Ill Omen >>> Dreadlands >>> Velkeltor's path to levelling. This fosters a lack of skill at the higher levels of play, but it can be overcome by taking a group to interesting places.

Occy

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

I am level 17 now, tried Najena but there's never many there so I have been soloing mostly, in Oasis. Getting fecking sick of it though. I ran to Cazic and checked it out but I'm about 4 or 5 levels too low.

Guess I will hang around Oasis for a couple more levels, or does anyone have any suggestions for 17-21 that would involve a dungeon/some challenge?

Nice people on AB - I have been given bits and pieces of decent gear by strangers a few times. In fact nearly all I am wearing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

17-21, there are a bunch of places to go. I usually avoid Oasis of marr like the plague, it's one of the PK-infested zones on RZ due to its proximity with South Ro and the PKs looking to zap anyone who happens to be camping the AC. My choices would be Unrest, Cazic, charming in OOT, and if you are incredibly desperate, Lake of Ill Omen. The easy path to xp is the lake, others are a bit tougher. You might just kill sarnaks in LOIO until you're 30-35ish, then head to the ruins of lower guk and camp assassin/supplier, executioner, and scribe. In fact, as part of the enchanter epic, you need to charm the ghoul scribe and give him a part of a quest item to make it into part of the shissar staff. The sage also drops a very nice enchanter bracelet, and later on (45-54ish), the ghoul arch-magus drops the SMR(shiny metallic robe) which makes a decent twink robe for a caster, can be quested in the Hole for an uber resist robe, or can be used for the enchanter/monk epics. All in all, guk is a very good place to level from 30-53, though it'll start to get slow at those levels.

Occy

Advertisement