Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payback time?

Options
  • 21-02-2002 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Well, Eircon have pushed me too far now. I won't go into details, but they have just turned an unhappy customer into an enemy and now I want payback. Literally.

For the last few months it has taken me, on average, 5-6 attempts at dialling to get a working internet connection. I either have the call dropped when the other side answers the phone, is verifying my username, or shortly after I have "connected" (I put this in inverted commas as I am unable to connect to any site or even my mail only to be disconnected within about 10 seconds)

I am assuming I am being charged for these dropped calls. And also assume that as there is a minimum call charge in place, these have amounted to a substantial amount over the last few months.

What I would like to ascertain is

1) Am I within my rights to demand a refund for every call dropped? (I'm sure this would come under standard of service)

2) What argument can I give Eircom when they try to weasel out of any repayment?

I also plan an email to the ODTR so I can get the stock "we're as useful as a waterproof teabag" reply. This will be attached to my letter to the EU Commissioner as part of my determined effort to see Eircom hung out to dry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Welcome to our club :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Quite a few people seem to be having this problem lately it makes you wonder if it is just pure incompetance on eircoms part or a deliberate policy to generate even more revinue.Cosidering the amount of adverticing they are doing these days i think the latter is more likely.It would be easy to prove your case just get an itomised bill and all the calls logged for your isp number that come in under 5 minutes you should ask for a refund as this is the minimun call charge and even eircom would have trouble saying someone connect 10 times in less than an hour just to check their e-mails.

Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

every time i see an eircon van i feel like hi jacking it and driveing it into a wall/river/large fire

make it stop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

i too wish to destory those vans. BUT, here is what really gets me

that DUM DEE DUU DAA DING DUUU, that little Eircom jingle at the end of THE WEATHER.

and if i hear that version of Witelss Houston one more time im afraid i will have to raid eircom HQ with my trusty .22 Rifle on a killing spree [before i wake up]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

why dont you change to esat. i've been with them a year,no limits, and ive had 2 dropped calls with speeds of apox 44,000.also they'er now 20% cheaper, and NO i dont work 4 them!:)

j

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its not about the ISP [that much]. its the company that provides and owns the phone exhanges, the switch boxes, and all the other hardware that goes all haywire on the customer

boo urns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

your right gone shootin , there could be 5 isp's but under it all it will come from Eircon they are running the show.

niall,
    n_mc_c@hotmail.com

Advertisement