Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shameless self promotion

Options
  • 21-02-2002 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

"Shameless Self Promotion" it's all the rage in London this season ', Silas O Rourke reports live from London Fashion Week.

This week on Thursday Challenge.
    Aer Finglas: The manufacture of arms parts continues, and Anto has a few visitors. Guest starring 'Gadaffi' as himself, 'Yer man off the news', as Gearge Bush and Bertie Ahern as someone else.
    Silas O Rourke provides us with the definitive report on eh...something interesting (hopefully).

Plus the "New disease name Challenge"

Recently we've come across the 'Winter Vomitting Disease', now in my day doctors used to make up very impressive names for illnesses and diseases. They might say they're telling it like it is, personally I think they are being downright lazy!!!

We want you to come up with new disease names so we can compile a list and doctors can dip in to it whenever a new illness rears it's ugly head, hence keeping names like 'Winter Vomitting Disease' for Roald Dahl books.

Some examples: The Dirty King Pox, The Galloping Cock Rot and Anus Horribillus.

Post your examples here...and tune in tonight. Thursday Challenge, Tonight from 8 to 9 on Phantom FM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

Here's a disease:

Inflamed purple scrotum itch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Circe

What you really want is to visit the wonderful world of 'Infectious Disease News' - a free, online newsletter detailing all kinds of infectious diseases.

http://www.infectiousdiseasenews.com/idnhome.asp

This week's gems include entertainment advice: " If you're not sure what's causing the rash, you can watch it for a day or 2..."
    — Eugene D. Shapiro, MD

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 freebee

I was going to suggest "dry blood", its more of an affliction than a disease, apparently you get it from eating too much toast..."dries the blood you know". Anyways took me too long to register so I didn't get in before the end of the show....booooooo

Advertisement