Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEGA | SAD

• 24-01-2001 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

I saw a post in the games board regarding the Sega Dreamcast being phased out as sega want to concentrate on producing software for othher companies.

Well I think they are all a useless pack of Solvent Molesting Idiots for designing the dreamcast the way they did in the first place.

Who did they think they were kidding by giving out a cartridge based Console.

The Playstation was out "yonks" before the Dreamcast , was hugely sucessfull and made a killing because it did more than just the game aspect.

Why the hell would Sega want to protect their software producers anyway, they only needed to sell the console and make money that way. Who would have cared if they lost a little money due to piracy of Cd's. God almighty they would have more than made up for it through sales of the console itself.

Anyway, thats all ill post for now, maybe more later.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

"Who did they think they were kidding by giving out a cartridge based Console."

How stupid are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slydice:
    and made a killing because it did more than just the game aspect.
    </font>

What? Such as?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slydice:
    Who did they think they were kidding by giving out a cartridge based Console</font>

Er?!?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">The Playstation was out "yonks" before the Dreamcast , was hugely sucessfull and made a killing because it did more than just the game aspect</font>

The Playstation sold well because it was aimed at the mass market. I don't need Tomb Raider or Ridge racer repeated on the DC 4+ times, thanks.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Why the hell would Sega want to protect their software producers anyway, they only needed to sell the console and make money that way......would have more than made up for it through sales of the console itself.</font>

Manufacturers like that make money off the software sales, not the consoles you freak. Sega made losses on the early sales of the console.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Anyway, thats all ill post for now, maybe more later.</font>

Try and do some fact-ironing before hand, yeah?

Damage ? Where ? And its a well known fact Slydice is a tit, I was just reminding people smile.gif

Hear hear. Get some skillz ffs.

• Advertisement

From slydice's other posts and behaviour in IRC I can honestly say he is the most stupid person I have ever come accross... so much bull**** for such a small brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

i take it bubbles knows slydice cos if not that's mildly abusive what you just said, so just please give it a rest, cos it's not nice.

On the other hand: Cartridges & Dreamcast do not go
    what other aspects
    piracy is the main way that most consoles or computers are forced off the market (me has fond memories of the atari st)

also please don't post anymore to this thread as you've done enough damage already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo the negative vibes man i just cant take it.Time to lay down in a darkend room.

Stone biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Baz_:
    On the other hand: Cartridges & Dreamcast do not go
    what other aspects
    piracy is the main way that most consoles or computers are forced off the market (me has fond memories of the atari st)
    </font>

ROFL. The ST was POOOOOOO. The only decent thing it had was midi support. The AMIGA, now it rocked!... smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yes the Amiga did rock,

I had an amiga 600

ooooo biggrin.gif

although frown.gif wheni first got it, i knew nothing about computers, so i messed around with it, as you would. First thing i did was checked what format disk did, on my workbench disk frown.gif . So i had to use a copy of my friends amiga 500 disk after that LOL.
    biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

well while I don't dis the amiga, it's just a fact that I hadn't got one, so I can't have fond memories of something I never had.

the st was not poo, sure it was no kray supercomputer, but I had elite which still rocks, and I had dungeon master which rocked so much I still have wet dreams about it.

the st was not poo I say again, but then again its no PC and that's why I have one of them instead now.

Cartridges are the way to go - SNES 0wns j00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    Cartridges are the way to go - SNES 0wns j00</font>

sico i think you meant to post that as a new thread in the humour board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

He said "SNES 0wns J00", which, lets face it, it did. Does. Whatever.

You, on the other hand, seemed to believe that the Dreamcast was a cartridge-based console, along with a huge number of other inaccuracies that I won't even go into. Which one belongs on the humour board?

Advertisement