Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM's Radio

Options
  • 21-02-2002 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I was trying to listen to Phantom FM on the PC and went to the web site. There is a link that starts up Windows media player. I HAVE MEDIA PLAYER!!!!!! in fact I HATE MICROSOFT!!!!!!!! so useing Media player is a bit of a no no for me. I like Winamp and want to use winamp but cant find a url anywere, plz can someone post the url so I can connect to it useing Winamp. Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Paul Hare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Sorry about the delay in my reply (been up to my eyeballs).

Paul, did u read the post?

The whole point of the post was to find the ip addess or some other method of listening to Famtom FM without useing Windows media player. That link is the same link on the site and it auto opens Windows media player for you. I don't want that, I wanna use Winamp. If I could get an ip address to connect to I would be fine, or some link that opens Winamp and not Windows media player.

Can someone plz help!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

I'm no IT genius here but is that not because Windows media player is your default media player?

In which case you have to open Winamp, goto play location or something like that, and enter the link.

I may stand corrected cause I don't have it on this pc to test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Originally posted by Snowball
    That link is the same link on the site and it auto opens Windows media player for you. I don't want that, I wanna use Winamp.

Answers are ordered based on how far you are prepared to go:

Answer A)
    Well you will notice from the link that its an .asx file. This means you need Windows Media Player to use it. So if you wanna listen to Phantom you are gonna have to use Media Player. Just like if you wanna drive your car you have to support the murdering oil giants. We all only have principles up to the point where the inconvenience becomes to great. I notice for example that despite all your anti-Micro$oft whining that you are using a Micro$oft operating system, simply broaden this hypocrisy to include Media player and problem solved.

Answer B)
    Begin scouring the internet for an alternate player cooked up by some lil' mad anti M$ hacker type.
    Start here:
    www.****microsoft.com
    www.google.com
    http://msbc.simplenet.com/super/

Answer C)
    If you made it through answer B you will now be aware of many alternative OS's if you have the metal to go down that path you will find Linux to be the strongest contender and I am fairly sure that there are several alternatives to windows media player available for linux.

Ger.

Advertisement