Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do Overclockers.co.uk take to ship ?

• 18-01-2001 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Just ordered a case, Athlon, Mobo and fans ?

How long do they take to deliver from order placement and presuming everything is in stock as stated on their webbie.

Gandalf

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

depends, but no more than a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

Took 3 days for mine biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Well I'd some serious problems the first time round (took a month for my machine to be shipped, after it got lost in delivery the first time!), but I think that was a once off fuk-up cause they were in the middle of expanding their staff, and some parts were out of stock.

I got a graphics card sent seperately, and that only took 2-3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

took a full machine 3 days to arrive and a separate gfx card 2 days for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

IS it just me or is this one of the best places to get gear,even with the exchange rate a lot of the gear is cheaper then here in eire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

They took 4 days the last time, but I ordered so much stuff yesterday, that they slapped on 33 quid sterling for "euro 48" shipping, so it better be here my tomorrow, or I'm gonna give out hell to them. You would think they were shipping it from deepest africa or something.

Yup they are very good but the p+p is getting abit ott.Ive found marx computers in dub very good too they actualy care about there customers which is nice lol

Stone biggrin.gif

Gandalf

Did you get the 1 gig tbird raid and fop 38 combo ? if so did you remeber to upgrade you psu to a 300 watt?.Just a quick hint when you come to install its inportant to install the VIA drivers coz itll all go in and work ok but youll get probs if you dont and they dont make a big thing about it either hehehe when you fit the cpu [if it isnt already
    fitted] you have to bend the heat censer too which they dont tell you and is abit nerve racking lol

Stone biggrin.gif

P.s youll be well chuffed with the new kit i was hehe

[This message has been edited by THE SPERMINATOR (edited 19-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

That damn heat probe.....Felt like I should have had the impossible mission soundtrack playing and someone yelling 'green wire, no...red' down a radio to me.....
    But that's just me...

ReaveR.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Sorry to hijack your post gandalf but I was thinking of an upgrade and was looking at the "Thunderbird Tornado Ice Box" bundle at overclockers.co.uk.

I was just wondering how difficult it would be to assemble using the HD,CD-ROM etc of my current system. Anyone buy this bundle??

I'm not the most technical person and have only done things to my PC like installing an internal Zip drive, second HD, graphics card etc. So is it worth the hassle or will I just buy from someone like Dell.

Thanks in advance
    Wesley

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

SPERMINATOR Yeah the reason I really ordered from ocuk was because I wanted the globalwin 802 case, so I have ordered the 300 Watt version.

I'll look out for that heat sensor thingy as well ta. Won't be building the ****er until at least the end of next week.

BattlingCheese: Depends really. All this kit is really like expensive lego. Just take your time and plan out what your doing 1st. If you have installed Zip Drives, HDDs and Graphics Cards then you should be able to handle this. Just take your time and rtfm smile.gif

Gandalf.

Gandalf: how much is delivery on that stuff, considering you are getting a full tower case? I'd say its quite expensive.

BattlingCheese: Physically putting the computer together is not difficult, you might have problems when you put a load of pci cards in. They may conflict with each other, and cause crashes. It takes a lot of patience sometimes to get rid of these problems, but its satisfying when you do get it working. If you want, you could get the parts and I would put them together. Don't get a dell, if you really must get one, don't get a pentium 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yes the delivery charge is extremely painfull but I couldn't find that case anywhere else and I decided I might as well get the Athlon guaranteed for ocing as well. Fuk it its only my credit card smile.gif

Gandalf.

Hehehehe gandolf

I was going to get a full tower from em [just the empty case] it was something like £56 for the case and £59 p+p WOOOOOO no chance me thinks.

Stone

PS Creed yea the heat sensor freaked me out thought the thought its gonna snap its gonna snap was like a mantra in my head for a good few secs hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    BattlingCheese: Physically putting the computer together is not difficult,...</font>

But it can be emotionally upsetting when your machine doesn't work first time and you think your left with a 1-2K worth of junk.

I recommend not to panic and not to use your wool jumper to clean the memory chips.

I prefer nylon you get much better sparks heeheh.

Stone

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerry:
    It takes a lot of patience sometimes to get rid of these problems, but its satisfying when you do get it working.[/B]</font>

Advertisement