Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying MD to hardisk

• 27-01-2001 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how 2 copy from MD to hardisk? I have a digital MD deck with digital and coaxial output. My sound card dosen't have a digital input/output. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Or more simply, download the songs you want. smile.gif
    You could go to a friend with input in his sc and make copies there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

Thanks Paladin, do u or anyone else know if I do get a sound card with a digital connection will i be able to definately copy the music on?
    It would be a lot easier if u could get a piece of hardware like a CD-ROM that u could just insert the MD in and it would read it! Then I could just copy the files over!

If you have no way of inputting into ure PC then Im afraid ure buggered. Most cheap SB's have input these days. It would prolly be worth it to get one (handy for outputting MP3's onto tape for any technologically backward friends too smile.gif).

Well, I've got a cheap cut-down version piece of crap version of a SBlive, and I use my Hi-Fi system to input music (from tape or whatever) onto my PC. I presume that MD will work the same way. Im not totally familiar with MD's, but I do know people who do this all the time, so it must be possible. Different connections to a Hi-Fi system tho (which has left and right channel connectors) so check that out and see what ull need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Get the SBPlatinum, its expensive, takes up a 5 1/4 inch bay with its live drive, but its got an optical connector and some software specifically for copying MD's.

Snaga

• Advertisement
Advertisement