Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any sign of the Comms Bill?

Options
  • 21-02-2002 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Originally posted by timod
    2/3 minute discussion on 5-7 live on it, just a few mins ago.

Set to hit the Dail on Tuesday.

Tim

That was last Tuesday.. anyone heard anything??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i was wondering the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Comms Bill my ar$e! More like the "Eircom giving backhanders to politicians to water it down so we can still do what we like and pay a tiny 1 million Euros, which is a drop in the ocean to us, if we don't comply with what the ODTR tells us" Bill!

Still, I'd would like to know if there's any news on it. Or maybe, if we're lucky, Etian Doyle went and kicked in the office door of whoever re-drafted it or got the backhander from Eircom Arnie-style and said in a thick Austrian accent, "Go shove your f**king Comms Bill! It won't do anything for me. Now write a Bill that will give me the powers to kick some Eircom a$$ or I'll kick yours, Mister Politician!"

Sorry, just daydreaming here! That would be an interesting thing to see, though, wouldn't it! lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Comms Bill my ar$e! More like the "Eircom giving backhanders to politicians to water it down so we can still do what we like and pay a tiny 1 million Euros, which is a drop in the ocean to us, if we don't comply with what the ODTR tells us" Bill!

Provide evidence of that and we're done...

Still, I'd would like to know if there's any news on it. Or maybe, if we're lucky, Etian Doyle went and kicked in the office door of whoever re-drafted it or got the backhander from Eircom Arnie-style and said in a thick Austrian accent, "Go shove your f**king Comms Bill! It won't do anything for me. Now write a Bill that will give me the powers to kick some Eircom a$$ or I'll kick yours, Mister Politician!"

Etain Doyle will ultimately do what's she's told. That's not (necessarily) a reflection on Etain Doyle, it's just how things are, unfortunately.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Provide evidence of that and we're done...

adam

Oh, come on Adam. Don't be naive. It's bloody obvious. And I'll tell all the politicians exactly what I think about it when they come knocking on my door looking for votes.

Just so I don't get IOFFL in trouble, if any politicians are actually reading this those are my personal thoughts on the matter and not those of Ireland Offline. But I'm just publicly saying what a lot of people are thinking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oh, come on Adam. Don't be naive. It's bloody obvious.

I'm not being naive aidan, I'm being deadly serious. I'm well aware (better than you, unfortunately) that Eircom (and quite probably others) have lobbied the Government to hobble the Comms Bill, and I'm well aware that the Government has bent over to take it up the butt from our Hungarian friend, even in light of the glaringly obvious fact that he doesn't give a flying puck at the moon about Eircom or Ireland; or the Irish Government for that matter. What I'm saying is, provide evidence of that. Go on, hunt it down, find out the facts. You do that and I'll take Bertie Ahern out of Government and drive Eircom into the ground. But without evidence, what's the point?

I guess we're all pissed off at the corruption and the lack of light at the end of the tunnel. We're all venting, we all want to see something happen and we're seeing nothing. But hey, I gotta vent too, right?

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Dahamsta is right we all know this bs is going on but without proof there is bugger all we can do.So if there are any discruntled civil servants out there with inside knowlege please feel free to hand it to the press i really cant be arsed to wait two year for the tribunal.On a lighter note if someone else gets into power first thing they will do is check the closset for skeltons and i reckon this is a dooosy consider this a goverment taking over would have a great get out of jail free card if it could hang Dirty berti out as a scape goat for the irish enconomy going into free fall.

Stone

Advertisement