Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with SB Live Card.

• 27-01-2001 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

If you bothered to read the Security board, my machine got FUBAR.

Anyway I've managed to reinstall everything no problem except my SB Live card.

Windows reconises it, installs the correctly, displays all the devices...

but the sound doesn't work. The mulitmedia manager says the device is installed but not working due to unknown problem.

Is there any way in hell I can confirm it's a Hardware or Software problem? I've tried uninstalling everything, reseating the board (after rebooting twice) and installing later versions of the drivers.

Nothing works. frown.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, I have a SB live player 1024 too, I had to reformat my hdd before christmas and reinstall everything. I got the card back in but the drivers (Liveware 3 came with card) only seem to partially set it up. I have no idea how experienced you are so here goes.. do u have a spare IRQ? the SB16 emulation takes one up but in the system properties you can get it to share the LPT printer port irq. Maybe it was anabled before the reinstall and you haven't re-enabled it. Do u have a lot of cards in it?? If so take one out and install thwe sblive and share the mulator/lpt port irq (usually 5 or 7).
    Hope this helps in some way.. BTW has ne1 else ever had a problem with the surround mixer being unable to 'load plugins'?? I have reinstalled the drivers countless times, before and after my own re-install and reformat but the problem is still there. It worked for a while when I first got it in August 2000 but kinda fcuked itself up soon after ?? :-(

Good luck, ou'll need it, the Creative site just tries to sell ou stuff and is no help.

-=SyxPak=-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The SB16 has no details in it. I can't share with the LPT as it just resets.

The SB Live device I can't change the IRQ on it at all. frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭THE SPERMINATOR

SB emulation causes alot of ****.try freeing up com port 1 an 2 if your not using em thatll free up 2 more irq,s,SB is useing 3 and 9 on my on my system.

Stone

SB`s are like the fat kid in the playground whith the pockets bulging with sweets they dont like to share biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hobbes, 2 things you might try.
    one is checking that digital sound is not turned on. i'll assume you havent got dolby5.1 speakers attached.
    secondly, disable the 16bit emulation in device manager. that little bas7ard has caused me no end of heart ache. wouldnt let me use my modedm as it hogs ports etc.
    also, download the latest live!ware. knowing you you probably have, but i thought id mention it.
    change to win2k and you dont have any of these problems smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Yeah, some of the cards install supremely gh3y Dos and MPU Emulators with are a real pain in the tits. Just disable them in your hardware profile if you got em there.

Apart from that try updating your drivers and if worst comes to worst you can delete your ENUM in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES in the Registry.

I used that tactic after trying everything under the sun to try and get my SB Live! to work and lo and behold it worked.

I didn't notice anything different about the resource configuration but I didn't ask any questions; it was working and that was all that mattered.

Just be prepared to format and reload Windows again smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I reformatted and installed W2K instead. Appears to be working quite well now. My FPS in CS seems to have gone up by 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

woohoo, more fps!

Advertisement