Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are there good studios

Options
  • 22-02-2002 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can find a cheap good studio.

One where you could get for a week or something.

Also they have to be good, and not have you drums sounding like their been played from two house's down the street and the vocals been sung in a carboard box.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Best studio in the city is The Engine Room, in Pulse on Camden Street.
    Great studio, dunno bout the price though cause i got it for free.

BomB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭clevenger

irishunsigned.com have a list of studios you can ring for qoutes...dunno about quality though

my advice is buy a decent sound card,mike and preamp which'll cost a lot less than a week in a studio and do it yourself. cheep studios are full of wannabe producer engineers with dodgy ideas

keep on rockin the free world ect

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Afaik some studios will give you down time (2am - 8am) for free, no questions asked, some will require you to use their producer. Some will demand royalties from your first album (usually no more than 1%) or some will give you it relatively cheap...

The royalties one is a good bargaining chip if you think they're ripping you off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chuckmcpinion

One of the best studios you could use is banned in Donaghmede. its got some great equipment like pro tools and the resident engineer is great. ive recorded there a few times and got some pretty cool results. ring Johnathan on086 8771307 he'll sort u out.

www.pinion.2ya.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lar

The studios in the Temple Bar Music Centre (Sun and Apollo) have some good deals. It's all 24 track, analogue and digital, ProTools, great mics, outboard etc. Give me a shout and I can give you the details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lar

Some more self-promotion... Anyone interested in some recording time in Sun or Apollo studios? Great rates, great equipment, sure it's all good. Post a reply or e-mail me, and I'll get back to you with the details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Germinal

Fusebox out in Axis is really cool and reasonable. Check out the competion post:

Fusebox Music Media Battle of the Bands 2002
    Win 3 days recording time and a chance to perform live!

Fusebox Music Media are running a Battle of the Bands competition for local acts to show off their wares and be in with a chance of winning some seriously valuable prizes.

The first heat will take place on Saturday March 16th from 2pm to 6pm in the axis venue in Ballymun and the heats will continue for 5 consecutive Saturdays. There will be two semi finals and one overall final taking place on 4th May over the Heineken Green Energy Festival weekend. Admission is 5 euro and will allow you the chance to vote for whom you think should go forward to the final.

The Battle of the Bands is open to all genres of music and could not be simpler to enter - just call Stephen Shannon in Fusebox Music Media on 8832115.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭skittles

could u mail me regarding rates etc.. I 'm assuming were talking about student engineer rates. cheers.

Advertisement