Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chorus and NTL contract ends on 31st of March

• 22-02-2002 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Chorus and NTL Cable TV contract willnd
    in te 31st of March 2002 .What does this mean?
    Will we lose some terrestrial channels or what ?
    Write back

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Er, it doesn't. Their licences, if I remember correctly, go on for another twelve or so years. What happens on 31st of March is that their exclusive right to provide cable and MMDS service in their franchise areas ends, and the ODTR can licence other cable /MMDS providers.

Having said that I can't see a lot of companies rushing to dig up the streets to lay new cable, can you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

But down here in the South it may allow South Coast TV to tap into the Cork City market with their new digital offering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Every channel was blacked out in Cork City tonight (well, on the southside at least) from about 6.30 to 8.30pm.
    No prior warning - soap addicts were going crazy.

Chorus's reputation here in Cork just gets worse every day. Even when the signal IS available, some of the channel's picture quality is abysmal.

This company really has a bad future ahead.
    People's patience cannot last forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm in NTL land and as much as I complain about this and that
    I'm sure glad I'm not a Chorus customer, I'd be with Sky by now!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

For those with even a remote interest, Chorus was completely backed out again today from 10am to 2pm on Cork's southside. Thank God I have Sky, but my OAP parents are having a dismal time dealing with this garbage service.

Didn't the OTDR say she would be monitoring Chorus's performance over the next few months, and it wasn't up to scratch she would cancel the recent subscription hike they received?

Hmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i may not have utv or channel 4, but at least i can watch the channels that i do have whenever i want
    sky 1: chorus 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Leesider
    Didn't the OTDR say she would be monitoring Chorus's performance over the next few months, and it wasn't up to scratch she would cancel the recent subscription hike they received?

Are you letting the ODTR know about this, Leesider? Any time i have a problem with NTL, I make sure to let them know - anything for a drop in the monthly subscription ;)

Advertisement