Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTDR and FWA

Options
  • 22-02-2002 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

First of all, Greetings.

I was wondering if IrelandOffLine had any thoughts on the Regulators announcement on Wednesday regarding the media release for Wireless Broadband Applications.

www.otdr.ie

And now for the questions.

Will IrelandOffLine consider the setting up of a MAN?

Is this a realistic option?

Would a co-operative based scheme be more beneficial to users?

How long would such a scheme take to implement?

What can I do to help? (Be it technical or organisational)

Thank you for your time.

Gopher971

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

There could be potential for community allocated spectrum alright...

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Will someone explain "MAN" please... is it some sort of mobile/wireless WAN, or what?

(I hate when people use acronyms that aren't widely known without explaining their meaning)

--

Uhmm... my own personal take on it is that IrelandOFFLine is a pressure group and nothing more and that we are here to pressure the companies and authorities in Ireland to get their collective acts together and sort out the Internet problem we have here - we're unlikely to get into creating wireless networks ourselves and I believe that this is what IrishWAN is there for.

B.A.R.D :

M.A.N. - Metropolitan Area Network

(citywide network)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Thank you yellum.

I stand by my comments. It's not our place, as a pressure group, to implement a M.A.N.

IrelandOffline and other community groups/projects might avail of it alright.

• Advertisement

I just managed to read that whole document and its interesting. I'll be urging the members of the CorkWan to reply to the ODTR with their comments.

Damien.

Advertisement