Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work out there?

• 23-02-2002 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Is there anybody here that will know about summer work been offered?

Looking for some good summer work in Dublin city centre?Dont really mind what doin(no stupid remarks thxs :D )I got good refs and fair bit of previous work?

Any offers/suggestions?>

Thxs
    Odian

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

it helps if you actually narrow down what youd like to do.
    im sure i can get you a job colelcting rubbish, but would you want to do it?
    sometimes, less is more :)

there is a website about for summer jobs for students etc, but i cant remember what it was.
    in fact i kicked it off this forum for advertising :)
    but a little bit more info and someone may be able to point you in some helpful direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Those student summer work schemes are a rip off! you don't even get minimum wage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wasnt talking about student summer schemes.

but while youre on it, they are a bloody good idea.
    you think they should get money for nothing?
    christ, students leech of the country more than anyone. let them give something back instead of improving thier triva knowledge by watching 15 to 1 and countdown every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

15 to 1? What sort of weird students are those - normal students sit and give a social commentary to the likes of tellytubbies or bosco. Either that or home&away, if they're up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

Cough..Cough...aheem back on topic

Im sayin, is there anybody that works for a company that offers works for students(well 5th year,im 18 though) in town city centre, would like to get the boot in now then get some ****ty job/none at all for summer if i leave it too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can't honestly post anything on topic. You are unlikely to find anything meaningful that will take someone still in school. Best chances are with soemthing that pays minimum wage.
    Originally posted by Odian
    well 5th year,im 18 though

Eh, I turned 16 at the end of 5th year, a bit behind aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

Eh, I turned 16 at the end of 5th year, a bit behind aren't you

Im 17 now,18 in April,kinda suits me

1. i can get served/get in anywhere no probs
    2.im driving

good deal ya ask me :)

Im only look for summer work here,

tread is goin no where

posting of cv's best next hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

u could get a job in telesales/telemarketing no probs, only bad thing its week to week? depending on work load..

go into agencies, like pertemps on grafton street, they should sort u out with interviews..

also there are signs on loads of shop windows looking for staff

hotels/bars are always looking for floor staff

u should get job no probs, good luck finding an apartment though?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

try www.nixers.com

good oul site for part time jobs and jobs that suit students...

some of them are fairly well paid too..

Try it and see what you think...

:D

Advertisement