Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia unlocking

• 23-02-2002 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I got the Nokia unlocking kit and the FBUS & MBUS Nokia 3310 cable, but i still cant unlock newer nokia versions i.e v4.45, i cant find the software, i looked at astalavista..but i dont understand alot of it, can anyone help? thanks Ruu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

You can't unlock newer nokias with a f/mbus cable you need a flasher cable to do this and the software to flash the eprom on your phone.
    Its quite easy to do but its also quite easy to kill your phone if you do it wrong.
    Go to www.alcom-systems.com for your cable and information on what to do I have used them several times and their 100%
    As I said before make sure you know what your doing before you flash your phone and always take a firmware backup first.

Hope this helps

Cheers
    Redshift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The flasher kit is the one that connects to ur printer port right? I have that one..comes with 4 other cables..can u direct me to any good software? Thanks alot

Ruu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Syn-Boy

You say you have the serial and flasher cable??

Well if you have the flasher cable you need to d/l a good program

The Dejan Flasher is the best!!

http://www.cro-web.com/maroon/

get it there, you will also need to d/l the partial flasher file for the 3310 v4.45 and note the start address (very important)

Run the software, press F2 to write to the fone, dont bother reading

Select 3310

Select the 3310 v4.45 partial file

the start address is: 00280000

key that in and press enter

your phone has to be off with no sim

it will tell you to connect the interface and press enter(have it connected and press enter) when you press enter then turn on the fone, it wont turn on properly but dont mind that

that should work, if not you have to into the C:\NK_files and go to a loader folder and bring a new one out onto the C:\NK_files then try again

PS the folders you d/l in the zip have to be extracted to C:\

NO SUB FOLDERS WILL WORK!!!!!!

This will only work on 95/98 it will not work if you havent got a comm 2 port also

hope this has been helpful, + they have instructions on the d/l page

ps you will have to search around for the 3310 v4.45 partial file as it is members only on the page i showed you. make sure it says 100% tested from where ever you d/l it

got the flash file for the 3310 ver.4.45..but i got his message..see the screen shot..is that bad hehe? :) thanks

Nevermind, its ok, i got it sorted out. thanks for ur help guys, muchly appreciated :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement