Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in limerick

• 23-02-2002 2:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a job in the it area in Limerick that i can begin in ASAP. As long as its not enourmously tedious, im game :) Anyone know of any positions?
    Did my leaving cert last summer, know win9*/2k like the back of my hand along with a fair amount of knowledge in networking. Some basic *nix skills aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

your best bet is to have a look throughthe local newspapers and look on the irish job sites.
    theres usual a lot going on in limerick and shannon. seems to be the business hub of the west.
    have a look through some of the sites mentioned in the sticky thread on job sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

:) you remind me of myself, i thought i knew computers till i went to work as a tech for six months... after 2 week i realised i knew nothing. Learned alot during my stay there though.

Oh and in answer to your question no, and no offence but i doubt you'll find anything. I'd advise some sort of training, college or Fas maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hahaha.
    cynical az, cynical.
    but true.
    i can overclock my pc, so i obviously know all about computers.
    ok, why does it keep crashing.
    um... i dont know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Heh, i realise i dont know everything.. far from it, but i know a fair bit. Job will only be till late august, starting college a few weeks after - took a year out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sykes are looking for techy people. Look in the Limerick post or post again here and I'll ferret out the advert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by sceptre
    Sykes are looking for techy people. Look in the Limerick post or post again here and I'll ferret out the advert
    I dont have the post to hand here, would be great if you could rummage it out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

True to form it's not in the current Post.

Dragged out the last one from under the couch (no hoovering done this week, hmmm, I must have a curt word with my alterego who does the dusting/cleaning/cooking/washingup)

Dropped it up to geocities, when I reduced it so it could fit neatly here I couldn't read the phone number

http://www.geocities.com/mailseamus/sykes.jpg

Word on how you get on if you apply would be good (will be looking for the summer).

Advertisement