Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geforce 2MX and RH6.1

• 30-01-2001 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

I was running W98 and Red Hat Linux 6.1 on the same PC. Everything was working fine, but I recently bought a 3D Prophet Geforce 2 MX, to replace my ATI Xpert. I installed the Geforce with no problems in W98. (It was just a standard install of RH? if thats any help)

But when I went to boot into Linux I started getting errors on the boot up. So, because I wouldnt be competent with Linux I decided to reinstall Linux in the hope that the configuration process during the installation would sort it out for me. Nope! I started getting errors when the installation kicked in from the CD.

Anyone out there have have any problems like this?
    Is there anyone using a version of Linux and a Geforce 2 MX with no problems, if so which version are you using?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    CH

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

id say the problem is with the GUI install on the RH 6.2 install cd. so try mandrake 7.2 or redhat 7.0 . a friend of mine is usin the mandrake distro with hardware acceleration for quake3. so i know it works for this version of linux!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

no MX drivers have been released for linux afaik... that or the existing drivers have problems with the MX chipset.
    either way I know about 3 or 4 ppl with the same problem you have :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Sure... go ahead and upgrade to RH 7 and enjoy the fact that the standard c compiler is utterly ****ed... silly linux people

Advertisement