Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making V-Cd's that play in PS2

• 23-02-2002 3:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Can you make a V-Cd's from mpegs divx's or anything to work on a PS2? Have a load of films on the comp but only have a crappy 15" monitor it would look much nicer on a sony trinitron 29". So is can it be done?

Gid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

the top link doesn't work. the bottom was good. thx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

A VCD wont play in the PS tew without the Neo Mod chip, at least thats my understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Is it supposed to take like 10hrs to convert movies into VCD format?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by PiE

No, it does not.

It takes slightly less than the length of the movie (with the software I use anyway).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Knew something was wrong, what do you use?

those chips about £100 yes/no?

€105 to buy and install yourself.
    €190 supplied and installed.

http://www.dvdireland.com/playstation2.htm

Dont go haxoring the chip yourself if you have never used a soldering iron before cus you will destroy the PCB, if you do go and get an iron practice on your stereo or something..:p and dont just solder the wires directly to the PCB in one go, apply some solder to the exposed wire first and then solder it to the board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

A VCD wont play in the PS tew without the Neo Mod chip, at least thats my understanding.
    Not true, the Neo Mod chip does not allow you to play VCDs on the PS2. All it does is allow you to play backup games, imported games and disable region checking for DVDs.

And that DVD Ireland place is a rip off. €190 for upgrade and installation? Better off buying a dedicated DVD player than plays VCD as most would do that.
    You are thinking of DIVX movies or you have a very old machine.

Personally I think using the PS2 as a VCD player is a silly idea. It's probably possible but I haven't read anywhere that people have gotten it to work. Try looking at http://www.megagames.com/ps2/ps2_guides_files.shtml for the newbies guild to PS2 VCD player for some proper info about using the PS2 as a VCD player. You are better off getting a cheap vid card like the older ATI Radeon with tvout.

Actually i was completely wrong, the Station2 wont play VCD's at all, as for Region free DVD's, you can use RegionX software to play DVd's from any region.

I know the Xbox will play VCD's if you basically force it to, by 2/3 times keep putting a VCD disc in the tray and eventually it will read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

buy an mpeg card with TV out......works great ,even with a slow DVD rom
    Macker

ya i was just curious if it could be done. Not worth investin any large amounts money in it. Computer upstairs and TV down. I'm probally the only one that would watch the films on the comp. Thats why i was curious.

Thx anyhew,
    Gid.

Advertisement