Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer-songwriters...

Options
  • 23-02-2002 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

that write solely about heart-ache/old girlfriends never last long;

because after a while they realise that all girls are the same...

development of a harder outer shell;until the hardness runs all the way thru and you 've no weakness left
    e.g.
    bob dylan moved on in terms of lyrical content and he's still on the go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

that's brilliant gar. all girls are the same. of course ... sweeping generalisations.

oh, and bob dylan still on the go? hardly. he lost it years and years and years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Hmnnn, Gar, either you have a whole random stream of consciousness thing goin on or maybe you hit the 'post new' instead of 'reply to' thread button :p either way I guess its kinda sound advice badly phrased. Any band or songwriter who only writes about one thing in one style is prolly gonna fall by the wayside (exeption being RATM).

I'm guessing u have a personal (evil chick related) motive for this post tho, am I wrong?

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

Of course you're right,GerK.

but,o sleep,am i wrong?

and bob dylan lasted alot longer than the typical singer songwriter ever did/does/will.

BLOODY WOMEN!

all they're useful for.....angsty emo-rock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭GerK

Well Gar, dunno if u are a singer/songwriter yerself, but if you are then in the current climate that chick could make you a millionaire! Of course you won't last like Dylan and peoplee will post on the board incesantly whiney posts about how they hate your brand of angsty emo music, but hey, they'll still buy yer albums and you'll be a millionaire!

You should thank her now! ;)

• Advertisement

yeah; i might as well get something good out of the relationship and it's demise.

i have to say that in happiness i'm not inspired;only in anger.
    no i'm pumping out songs all the time?had to get a loan of my mates guitar!!

of all the songs i'm writing i'm keeping about 2 out of every three that i write;cos some of the others are too simple...of course i'll be a one album wonder;given the title "the next big thing"
    even still the album will be fairly similar in theme...
    then i'll disappear into obscurity...unless my main band get s popular...

yah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by Gar_ptc
    but,o sleep,am i wrong?

yeah, of course. you sound like a 14 year old kid, pissed off that yet another girl didn't appreciate your advances.

just a thought, but perhaps the problem lies within?

no,no;
    the problem didn't lie in my hands.

advances were met....blah blah!

but my personal misjudgements are not what i'm talking about,idiot,what i'm talking about is that the same topic never lasts too long in mucis?

how often van you be down about relationships before you finally have enough...if you pine on about it;you never get on with your life.

thats why people like bob dylan,leonard cohen...etc lasted longer than your average S.S; cos they had a broader scope.

i was saying am i wrong about them last ing longer in music.

i'm not wrong.

they lasted long.

Advertisement