Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cyberhome ad-l528 bug and test audio

Options
  • 23-02-2002 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

just in case anyone else on these boards bought this incredibly cheap player, was wondering if its a product or once off fault :)

noticed today when cleaning up the mess of wiring around the back of my receiver... had the beatles - revolver playing (real obvious left/right channel seperation on that album, basically how i noticed..)

when playing stereo sources on the dvd player (CDs or DVDs with non-dolby 2-channel stereo etc.) through the digital out (coax or optical), the left/right channels are swapped... the analog left/right outputs are correct though.

i've checked this with two other dvd players (a philips and my ps2) to make sure and both of them give proper stereo... so i thought it very wierd indeed.

regardless anyway I have decent analog connects (cambridge atlantic) for proper sound.

anyway got me thinking as well, what audio do ppl use for testing setups (new kit/speaker cable/interconnects/Creeds mad methods etc.) ?

i basically just use these three tracks in order:
    rem - radio song (start of it is very very clear, and well defined instruments)..
    beach boys - you still believe in me (basically for vocal range, and mid-to-low bass in the later parts of the song)..
    boards of canada - roygbiv (for testing subwoofer, real low bass)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Bucon

Some of my favourite tracks for testing/demo'ing are :

Corrs - Radio (unplugged)
    Eric Clapton - Layla (unplugged)
    Leftfield - Swords
    Cranberries - Empty
    Moloko - The time is now
    Yello - The Race

Ill use these CD's when testing new gear/tweaks or if Im showing the system off to someone :D

The main problem with new kit, is the running in period, although the anticipation is builds can be good ("If it sounds THIS good out of the box, whatll it be like in a few weeks!!"). Leaving the stuff playing for a good few hours before any comparisions is always the best plan...I hate seeing Hi-Fi shops turning things off at the mains each night, they should just leave everything on standby :)

Bucon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

'Guitars' - Mike Oldfield
    'Tubular Bells 3 (Last 2 tracks)' - Mike Oldield (esp on Prologic)
    'Glory Soundtrack' - James Horner
    'Tempest&Sacrifice / Insider soundtrack' - Lisa Gerard & Pieter Burke
    'Atom Bomb' - Fluke.
    'Do Doo Dah' - Police (DTS Cd, will make your jaw drop).

Not written in stone though, but I think they're ones I always want to try out and see if they sound better.

Advertisement