Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup a CD

• 23-02-2002 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

I want to make a backup of The Sims ,just for safty reasons *cough*
    I tried easycd creator 5 but ended up with a coaster
    I also tried cdrwin but ended up with a blank disk ,I could of had test mode ticked but I don't want to try it again cause I'm on my last disk
    according to Cd Protection dection 0.6 it's protected with safe disk and it advises to use clone cd which doesn't support my burner or to read with blind read and burn with cdrwin

my question is does any one know how to burn a blind read image with cdrwin I tried with blind write but it didn't get past the first stage

TIA
    Macker

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Use clonecd just cos oyur burner does`nt support DAO doesnt mean you cant use it .
    But you need a program called BetaBlocker its patches the safediscV2 segments of the CD
    Also get ClonyXL the english version thats a Copy protection finder.
    More info on this can be found at www.clonecd.net.
    For you *cough* backups
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Thanks Kdja
    butr as far as I know clonecd is not compatible with my burner ,the latest I've tried is ver 3.8 ,might try a later one for devilment,
    I ended up using cdrwin to make a bin/cue and then burned that using my burner to both read and write

Macker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

you might need a crack for the cd - try gamecopyworld

Advertisement