Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq FS740

• 24-02-2002 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Comapaq FS740, I run it @ 800X600 @ 16bit colour on a Trident Blade 3D/MP4. Its started losing the colours lately. When i shut it down and come back again, it reverts to 16 colours and tells me theres a problem with the hardware. i set it and restart it. its fine then..why does it lose the settings? is there anything i can do? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I thinkk you'd get a better response from teh tech boards in fairness. This is the Hardware Tweaking board, as in changing/modifying hardware for good/bad :)

In answer to your question,
    try changing the card's drivers to 'Standard VGA adapter'
    This will give you 640x480@60Hz and 16 colours.
    Uninstall what ever drivers you have (provided you ahve the discs - if not try and get new ones off the net).
    reboot you machine a few times, just incase Windows tries to automatically detect the card again.
    When you have the drivers ready, remove the 'Standard VGA adpater' from the system properties and reboot.
    When it asks you to install the 'new' devie, use your drivers :)

That should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

moved ...

Advertisement