Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Ofiicial: The Euro is fleecing us.

Options
  • 24-02-2002 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

There is now a 1.75% charge on all VISA orders that aren't in the "EURO ZONE" ie. anything you buy with your VISA card in Sterling, Dollars...etc. will have a handy 1.75% added on.

Why? Because the Euro is one big rip off after another and the money hungry ba$tards in VISA are taking full advantage.

F*ck this anyway. Bring back the Daniels and nuns!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

What was the previous charge for non-Irish transactions? don't blame the Euro, the Euro merely shows up what they were charging all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

I knew that there was a charge on everything outside of europe but i didn't realise that there was now a surcharge on conversion to sterling. Where did you get this info from?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

From VISA when i was buying my guitar off the net for €2000 i noticed the conversion from STG to euro did not match what i was chraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Yep! Its offical. i just rang banking365 and they confirmed it. B@stards. Was never like b4. Just as well someone mentioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Its more likely a BOI charge than a Visa charge.

If its a Visa charge, then its more likely that Visa mandate a 1.75% charge on all forex transactions - which means that you now *dont* pay it in a bunch of countries where you used to. As to the "never like this before", are you sure about that? It is possible that it was simply a hidden charge, previously put as part of the exchange rate.

On the other hand, its equally possible that it is a BOI charge, in which case, I think you should complain about your bank rather than Visa.

The third option is that its a charge mandated by the EU themselves, which I cant see as very likely.

jc

• Advertisement
Advertisement