Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generations Quake

Options
  • 24-02-2002 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Anyone else play this kewl mod for q3. in a nutshell u can pick different classes from all the id fps's (wolf, doom, quake 1/2/3) using al the weapons from the various games. So u can melt someone with the doom plasma gun while they try to gib u with the quake 2 shotgun. u can get it here...
    http://www.planetquake.com/wirehead/generations/index.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Haven't played it ,but i might give it a go just to get the quake 1 rocket launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Downloaded the other day. Seems good, if a little unfinished.

No bots either, unless I overlooked it (I just ran /devmap so I could look at all the phansy weapons).

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Yeah, its good fun. If you want bots, u will have to add them manually via console. Start a multiplayer server and type /addbot grunt grunt 3 to add a bot. (replace both grunts with other bot names to add other bots, and change 3 to a number between 1-5 for various skill levels).

Fun mod, hope its played at r101 a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Ya looks deadly. Didn't download it yet though :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I been going on a bit of a Quake3 mod dling frenzy past few days, Urban Terror is v.v.good aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

finally thx kaids i've been preaching about urban terror for years! its ****ing ownz! imho better then cs though thats not hard to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Yea... Urban Terror is good crack. A bit tidius at times though.

the problem with urban terror is that there isn't enough weapsons and such like we need more variety i suppose! other then that the level design is great and the rest just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

has anyone ever played "true combat" for quake 3 ?
    it owns much manties.
    better than urban terror imo

I played tue combat briefly but i still prefer Urban terror! its good but i prefer the weapon choosage system in ut!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

Yeah,I played generations the last day,the quake 3 guy seems to kinda own tho....That q1 launcher is something else though,so fast......It's not really very skillful,it seems to be more about who has those stupid runes.....I'm sure you can turn them off but it was 3 o' clock in the morning and my brain had stopped working shortly before

Originally posted by immort4l
    it was 3 o' clock in the morning and my brain had stopped working shortly before
    Yeah i've been there many a time! but you can't bat the good auld qw rocket launcher!

Advertisement