Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Region help...

• 02-02-2001 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Lo,

I'm using Power DVD, and every time I slap in a DVD from a different region it promts me that I can change it 5 more times, then 4 etc...

What I want to know is, what excatly happens when it go's down to 0 ? Can I just reinstall power dvd and get it back to 5?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

use dvdgenie..i think it's http://www.inmatrix.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

If that counter goes down to 0, the drive will become locked in the region it's set to.

To bypass this, it depends on your drive - if it's hardware locked or not. You can check this by downloading DriveInfo here. If it's not hardware locked then you're in luck, just use DVD Genie like lphchild said.
    However, if it's hardware locked, you'll have to find a firmware patch for your specific drive and apply it (carefully, you can easily screw up your drive doing this).

Check out this guide for full details.

[This message has been edited by Jazz (edited 02-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

ta lads

Advertisement