Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

screenshots - why I can't hunt in the Temple of Veeshan safely

• 25-02-2002 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Round of screenshots i found from a recent exscursion into WW. We have since worked on faction in Kael, and are not KOS in the temple anymore.

Beware, this destroys faction!

Nice stuff dropped, I got a neck +4 to every stat and resist.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

summoned again? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

ToV is fun, especially fun if you try to do Halls of Testing with just 6. We did it the other night with cleric, warrior, shaman, necro, rogue and myself playing my monk & pulling to HoT entrance. All were level 60, all had unbuffed resists of 120 FR/CR/MR. The trick lies in using a golem rod to get two of the left-sided drakes from entrance, run back, jump-strafe twice, then FD. You should be feigned right in front of the entrance door, about 6 feet away. You then wait for them to leave, then have your warrior open the door and tag one with his bow. Wait a full 30 seconds for the drake to wander back, then stand up and start caning the wurmy.

It helps for your rogues and monks to have primal, otherwise you'd kill too slowly. The star of the night had to be our necro Zenkuro, who managed to keep the mob dot'd, keep our rogue and cleric healed, and still feed mana. I've always said this, a necro who knows how to play his class well in a group is very very good indeed. I'd pick a good necro over a good mage, druid or even a shaman in an exp group providing he knew how to play his class. Plus, if KOS's zone in, necromancers are deadly in pvp, even without a pet up. He lands mordena on their tank and a caster...fight's over bar the shouting, unless you're up against a rogue/bard combination outdoors (poke-poke-poke-poke-poke, run with bardsong at first sign of losing).

Btw, some of the WW dragons can be solo'd/duo'd- and here's how. You need either a druid with dire-charm, or a chanter with dictate. Here's what you do- you charm an ice-burrower, or some random p3on wurm. Make sure to either SNARE or WANDERING MIND it...this will be explained in a bit. You then send it up against one of the named dragons on CoV faction, making sure a Krom dragon is wandering nearby (happens a lot, they fight each other commonly on the left side of Sontolak). The Krom dragon will see the ice burrower attacking a named CoV dragon. Since burrowers are on giant faction, the Krom dragon will assist the ice burrower and take the named dragon down to very low health. You then finish it off, claim the xp and some very nice items, they commonly drop a 7/6 necklace. The reason it's *crucial* that you snare or Tash the burrower is that a lot of the named dragons dispell. If it dispells your charm...bye bye. However, if it's snared, that is what will be dispelled, if WM'd, that is what will be dispelled. This takes practise and a bit of coordination, but I've seen it done.

Occy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Whack

I've always said this, a necro who knows how to play his class well in a group is very very good indeed. I'd pick a good necro over a good mage, druid or even a shaman in an exp group providing he knew how to play his class.

Preach on brother!

Advertisement