Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mention in Irish Computer

Options
  • 25-02-2002 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

Nice Q+A in Irish Computer - it really read well :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Any link to this online?

c0y0te

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Nah, their website is rubbish, totally out of date. And me can't find the magazine /anywhere/! :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I've scanned the two pages, and you can find page one here and page two here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Adam
    "The ODTR says that it is up to the other licensed operators to begin negotiations with eircom for wholesale pricing, whereas regulators in other European Countries- using the same legislation- have already mandated these services. And other licensed operators dont say anything at all- We have no idea what they're thinking"

Well done Adam,
    Nicely articulated summary of the current stalemate-
    We we're discussing the exact same thing on IRC last night.

Its not only intervention by the OLO's with the ODTR that can allieviate current problems- They also must be the instigators of legal action as well, but as of yet we haven't heard a peep from them. I mean, sometimes i think Esat want to go out of business as they idly standby and burn cash.

IrelandOffline's Message to the OLO's is GET OFF YOUR ASSES !!
    Start lobbying for "proper" legislation, make complaints to the ODTR if you feel unfairly disadvantaged with Eircoms wholesale pricing structure. USE THE SYSTEMS/PROCEDURES in place.
    We are doing our best, but as stated only the ppl with the licences have locus standi. So Use IT!!

[thx for the scans Dan:)]

Cheers Regi. I'm surprised actually, they hardly edited my response at all. I'll dig out the original and post it later.

adam

• Advertisement

The full text of my response is available here.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Although I disagree at the usual points, adam's reply has to be required reading for anyone looking for the big picture of what's going on.

I got a hefty dig in on flat-rate towards the end Xian. And that was last month! :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Ask yourselfs is why are the OLO staying away could it be that they know something we are not privy too possibly about govermental policy towards eircom ?.

Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

That was excellent ,well done.

What I found realy shon through was the overall intellengence and education about the current net situation ,and it held alot of easily understandable information even too say someone who was less familiar with the internet and the situation everyone in Ireland is in,just well done at least your not making flippent remarks like Mr Pat Delaney ;)

I actully emailed "Mr Delaney about what he had said about the blackout and didnt get a reply I was not expecting one as such did anyone else do the same?

• Advertisement

I actully emailed "Mr Delaney about what he had said about the blackout and didnt get a reply I was not expecting one as such did anyone else do the same?

I emailed him, it was ignored. Elana rang him and was quite polite to him, but he was quite bullheaded about it. I reckon she regrets not larting him to high heaven.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

what does Pat Delaney actually do????????

He's the director of the Small Firms Association:

http://www.sfa.ie/contactus/

adam

he would be an expert so!

i thought the sfa were a small part of ibec, what did the big boss in ibec think of the blackout?

M

he would be an expert so!

Delaney also came out against the day of national mourning in recognition of September 11, saying it would be harmful to business.

i thought the sfa were a small part of ibec, what did the big boss in ibec think of the blackout?

Yes, the SFA is a subsidiary of IBEC, which made Delaney's comments look somewhat comical shortly afterwards, when IBEC released a report on the state of comms in Ireland, in particular the Internet.

It's been alleged that Mr. Delaney likes to be controversial to get himself and/or the SFA in the newspapers. Of course, IrelandOffline would never make such scurrilous accusations.

adam

I had regarded IBEC as being sensible and balanced on the issue of delivering advanced telecommunications services to business and consumer alike, I presume this fella is their idea of comic relief or something? (I saw his picture on the website too).

I seem to recall that the SFA position was that employees should take the (compulsory) day off .BUT THEY should not expect to be paid for it.

He's had time to consider his position, mail him again to find out what it is nowadays?

M

Advertisement