Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you sleep with your cousin?

• 25-02-2002 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Was having a conversation with someone last night, about stuff, and the topic of going out with one of your cousins came up.

Myself, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. but my friend was saying that they wouldn't dare go out/sleep with a cousin. I don't even know if its legal or anything, and I know it is hitting a bit close towards home... but why not?

So, this poll is just to see what the general attitude towards it is..

My vote is yes!

Would you date/sleep with your cousin? 46 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 46 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Bubbles, have ya not seen the film 'Deliverance'?
    the gene pool is a bit too close for comfort!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Its not illegal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

If she was a imported russian member of the Powerpuff Girls then I'd probably go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

well

1. Had I been drinking
    2. Were they attractive
    3. Would the family never find out

ya never know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Would you sleep with your cousin
    male / female / both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by bubbles
    I don't even know if its legal or anything

Immediate family and first cousins are legally out of bounds. Anything after that is allowed by the state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Fúck no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ew God no.

A little too close to home. Also seems a little too close to being an inbred redneck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

fire away bubbles, if you dont mind your kids being born with webbed feet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Whoa.... slow down here people... who said anything about children? I'm just talking about sex here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

a specific cousin, or just the concept of shagging any cousin in general?

in either case, no....you obviously havent seen my cousins!
    *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Nadia is a powerpuff girl?!

Hell yeah. Your not russian are you bubbs?

Who said anything about kids?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭Xterminator

In theory shagging a cousin is not a problem to me.

In practise , its more trouble than its worth.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

My cousins are babes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

No because my cousins are stank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Well if you are adopted you can......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

icky as a poo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Maybe,but Id make sure to buy some top quality condoms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

nah i wouldn't sleep with her, i'd let her suck my dick tho'

- Sher (old romantic) oN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

It really is disturbing how many people have replied with "maybe" type answers.

I don't have many rule in life, but sleeping with my cousin, well, that just brings up the old "If you have to ask then" you're probably a muppet.

gwan bubbles! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yep. In fact, I have done so. More than once too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im quiet curious to find out if your cousin would sleep with you bubbles.
    come to think of it, im not really....

Your dad could be my fathers long lost brother WWM.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Too right I would.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

It's not illegal but if you want to get married in a catholic church you need to get a dispensation from the Pope, I know a guy who married his cousin.

As to whether or not I would do it then I probably would, if I was drunk and she was coming on to me. Having said that a cousin of mine was over from England a few months ago and tried it on but I declined, she was a bit of a minger like hehe.

Men are known to have seriously low seriously sales resistence, I mean how many lads here have slept with women they weren't attracted to just because it was offered on a plate?

Allow me to be the first to hold my hand up and if I had a few more hands I'd hold them up too.

Hey waddya gonna do?

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by The_Scary_Man
    how many lads here have slept with women they weren't attracted to just because it was offered on a plate?

I think the question should be:
    how many lads here have slept with women.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

Ewwww humping your relations, thats like something you would read in the bible or something!

its ok bubbs ur a hillbilly(*a-Huck*) / knacker, you are safe to hump your cousins.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Originally posted by logic1

how many lads here have slept with women.

.logic.

lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

not a chance in Hell. no way would i do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

nop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Banjo twangs

How long has it been and are you really so desperate for a woman that you have to hit on your own cousin..... oh and ever hear of the Romanov's?..... Tasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

nah dont even like my cousins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd say yes, but I don't think I'd want to piss off my cousin Frank. :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭BlackMagic

Jesus i know its legal but i still woudnt do it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭halkar

:D:D:D Vote YES for ABORTION!!!! :D:D:D
    Looks like we will need it!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Originally posted by azezil

male / female / both?

That says a lot!

Poll is very close.... as I imagined. Least I know I'm not that ****ed up now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BigMac

My cousin slept with my other cousin at a family re-union........
    Full marks to him she was well fit..... and a far out cousin that lives in Aus or somewhere, its not as if we are going to see her very often.
    Personally no... not knowingly!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Good god no Kharns not my type :p

But on a more serious note I would still say no. I can not really explain why (just can not put it in words) but I must have some reason :confused:

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I remember reading a while back that it's a bit of a myth that your children will be deformed if you sleep with a sibling or a cousin. It's deeper into the family - like second or third cousins - where problems arise, apparently. I could be wrong, though - can anyone provide facts? I know for definite anyway that in some tribes the perfect sex partner for a 16 year old boy (for his first time) is his father's sister. Also in these tribes, the person they are expected to marry is their cross-cousin - eg. if it is a boy - then he is supposed to marry his mother's brother's daughter. And they don't produce deformed children at all.

Check this out, just out of interest.

http://www.mg.co.za/mg/za/archive/2002jan/features/22jan-forbidden.html

As for me - when I was about 9, I had a crush on my handsome much-older cousin. He's now in Mountjoy though, so I think a relationship is out of the question. :D

No seriously, I don't think I would. it would freak out the family and besides, none of my cousins are attractive to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Originally posted by neuro-praxis
    I remember reading a while back that it's a bit of a myth that your children will be deformed if you sleep with a sibling or a cousin. It's deeper into the family - like second or third cousins - where problems arise, apparently. I could be wrong, though - can anyone provide facts? I know for definite anyway that in some tribes the perfect sex partner for a 16 year old boy (for his first time) is his father's sister. Also in these tribes, the person they are expected to marry is their cross-cousin - eg. if it is a boy - then he is supposed to marry his mother's brother's daughter. And they don't produce deformed children at all.

inbreeding increases the chance of a defect showing up, one generation of inbreeding is unlikly to cause a defect that would not turn up in children of non inbred parents... however in cases of heavyer inbreeding, damage starts to show up more... just look a "pure" breed dogs...

children of brother/sister matches have an increased chance of developing any thing that their perents are carring, but if the brother/sisters dont have many defects then the chance of one showing up is slim...

children of first cousins are less likly to have defects, than brothersister children.

children of second(or higher) cousins are even less likly to have problems...

and once(or twice) removed means cousin by marage and usualy is the same as a total stranger ...

having said all this, each time there is inbreeding the chnces of a defect are going to go up ... which means more people carrying the defect meaning more chances of an inbreed child devleoping a problem... see point on brother/sister children

all in all from a biological point of veiw a small amount of inbreeding is ok... sometimes handy ...as it increases the chance of a good mutaion carring on as well as a bad... but as we've lost those things that would cull out dangerous mutations , its not adviseable ...

Hum but from a moral point of veiw you do have to ask, if there are no children invlolved (its just sex wth no repoduction) then is is ok?... I would have to say it's a perversion ... but what is'nt :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

o
    m
    f
    g

eeewwwwwww
    ikky

gah

N O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by kiffer
    children of brother/sister matches have an increased chance of developing any thing that their perents are carring, but if the brother/sisters dont have many defects then the chance of one showing up is slim...

This is, of course, illegal, even to just have the sex.

Apparently one of the British royals married his cousin, they only had 4 grandparents between them (as opposed to eight). A number of the resulting children weren't acknowledged to exist until they were in their 70s, due to their medical / genetic condition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

No, but I'd sleep with yours:) :):)

This reminds me of a simpsons episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Originally posted by Victor

This is, of course, illegal, even to just have the sex.

this is why i said from a biological point of view...
    Originally posted by Victor

Apparently one of the British royals married his cousin, they only had 4 grandparents between them (as opposed to eight). A number of the resulting children weren't acknowledged to exist until they were in their 70s, due to their medical / genetic condition.

Apparently one of the British royals married his cousin? Apparently???
    most of the royal famialys from around europe are related ... Inbreeding is a hugh problem amounst them... not becaues they often marrying first cousins but because they're all distant (and not so distant) cousins ...
    so when they do marry first cousins they are already messed up and carring defects... increasing the chance of major problems...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

the book "Flowers in the Attic" comes to mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by neuro-praxis
    I remember reading a while back that it's a bit of a myth that your children will be deformed if you sleep with a sibling or a cousin. It's deeper into the family - like second or third cousins - where problems arise, apparently. I could be wrong, though - can anyone provide facts?

You've got it the wrong way around. The reason WHY shagging a family member or 1st cousin is illegal is all to do with genetics.

The further down the chain you go (2nd/3rd/34th) cousin the less likely deformaty is likely to occur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1 step away from [EDIT](full-on)[/EDIT] incest.

No.

So anyone you know got webbed toes ??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement