Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Films EVER!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Perfect storm.
    George Cloony cant play an emotionally deep character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Worst film ever for me has got to be Battlefield Earth.I mean c'mon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

worst films ever:

well theres plenty of b-movies worse than this lot, but a few movies i have watched and have hated.. a lot:

vampire in brooklyn
    the fifth element
    girl 6
    the jackal
    the crow, city of angels
    dusk till dawn 2
    the turn of the screw
    sleepy hollow

thing the worst best film of all time has got to be "plan 9 from outer space" though. nothing comes close in cheapness and lack of anything substantial in the way of acting/directing/props/etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

LOTR

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Longfield
    LOTR

Shut up, you little scrote!

[Edit]

I know this counts for **** really, but: http://us.imdb.com/top_250_films

Just out of spite. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

'Fire walk with me' Twin peaks,
    Never saw the series so this movie was soooooo annoying!
    damn girlfriends always going for those stupid chick flicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by Mistakill
    Perfect storm.
    George Cloony cant play an emotionally deep character.

He did play a deep character, how deep was it when the ship sunk?

Jaws 3D
    OMFG

That was ****e..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Twin Town was an excellent film. :mad:

Event horizon
    any of those 'Escape from .....' movies
    Event horizon
    Birdcage
    Those disney 'Big Big Movies' on RTE on the weekends. The horror.
    Dusk Till Dawn.
    Chick flicks in general.
    Anything with hugh Grant or tom Cruise in it, cept Notting hill cos Julia Roberts is a bit of all-right and the welsh bloke was TEH FUNNEH.
    Tomb Raider.
    Don't go breaking my heart. Mistakenly went to the cinema to see this after getting the names mixed up with 'This years love'.
    Some film with Samantha janus (another bit of alllright :)) about a small rugby tem or some such. had neill Morissey in it too.
    And a shower of other dross.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Romeo and Juliet.. such a load of bo**ix

Was dragged to the cinema by my ex... to see it... she put a serious guilt trip on me about never going to see anything romantic with her...

and thats probably one of the reasons why she is my ex.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Man Bites Dog.

Raising Cain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Man Bites Dog

???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

anything with Jullia Roberts in it
    She sucks big time

Originally posted by dccarm

???

I'll watch anything once believe me, but this, repulsive drivel, badly written, pointless crap - the one video (of hundreds) I ever rented that I started reading a book while it was still on. Oh and of course let's not forget the genius of having white subtitles without a background on a black-&-white film :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Castor Troy

I'll watch anything once believe me, but this, repulsive drivel, badly written, pointless crap - the one video (of hundreds) I ever rented that I started reading a book while it was still on. Oh and of course let's not forget the genius of having white subtitles without a background on a black-&-white film :rolleyes:

here here!

This movie (Man Bites Dog) made me physically sick.

Watch it and you might just see why. Don't watch it and you'll be better off.

My ex-girlfriends sister had just been brutally raped about two weeks before I saw it, btw... so that was fresh in my memory.

As a film, Man Bites Dog is a dire piece of inhuman shite, which should never have passed the censors... not because the censors should have made it X-Rated or banned, but because they should have made it their mission to have every single copy of it ever made burned to a crisp.

It's a god-awful piece of repugnant, disturbing, gut-wrenching filth which goes out to do nothing but disgust its audience and succeeds big-time in that venture. The writers, producers and actors in this "movie" should have been shot.

Twice.

Well I wouldn't go quite that far as I'm opposed to all censorship, but it was definitely the worst movie I ever saw :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭frankly

Worst movie Escape to Victory with Pele OMG

Originally by Bard
    My ex-girlfriends sister had just been brutally raped about two weeks before I saw it, btw... so that was fresh in my memory.
    The thread is about worst movies, is this neccessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Originally posted by Frenzy
    anything with Jullia Roberts in it
    She sucks big time

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by frankly

The thread is about worst movies, is this neccessary?

It puts into perspective just how painful the film was to watch.

If you'd seen it you'd understand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Brother, it was one of those film four productions, absolutely brutal

brother is a cool film, very bloody :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The Mexican
    Josie and the Pussycats

their are no words to discribe the C R A P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Showdown in Little Tokyo
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0102915

6305161992.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
    One's a warrior. One's a wise ass. They're two L.A. cops going after a gang of drug lords. Feet first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

What are you talking about? Man Bites Dog is an amazing film! It's really clever and funny - I'm sure it wasn't the best time to watch it there but it's really funny and genuinely interesting. It won all sorts of awards so it really can't be that bad can it? I'll have nothing bad said about that movie! :)

Edit: anyway, the worst film I've seen in a long long time is 'The Eiger Sanction' - it's so bad I've seen it three times!

You thought it was 'really clever & funny', I thought it was a load of $hite. So that's that settled then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Yup :).

If you ever need a good sedative watch Little Women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Missy

who actually killed ur man in american beauty??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

keiser sosé

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭wee man

The worst film ever made was legaly blonde, I had to watch the
    full film with my girlfriend. I mean common who cares if a blonde
    goes to law school, big deal.:o :rolleyes:

GET OFF MY AVATAR WEE MAN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by Typedef
    Showdown in Little Tokyo

One's a warrior. One's a wise ass. They're two L.A. cops going after a gang of drug lords. Feet first.

haha on last night on rte1 .. classicly crap.
    OH NO ITS DOLPH LUNDGREN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by Missy
    who actually killed ur man in american beauty??

This person:
    the guys father who lived next door. He was gay and thought the other lad was too due to the jogging bits with the gay couple and that damn funny bit where the kid is rolling up a joint and he is lookin at them through the windows. damn i'm crap with characters names in films. but eh. think its clear enough. ya know ur man! killed the other lad who was the fater of your one who went out with the kid next door with the camera, ya knowwwwwww! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Missy

ahhh, i see. it was him! i was ver puzzled after watching that, thank you for clearing it up for me.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT

Re-live the magic here:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 leejon

The biggest load of sjite was 'eyes wide shut' Tom Cruise and his 'ex, not only was the film terrible but the soundtrack actually made it worse!!!!!
    utter BOLLOX!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Blair Witch Project.

I went to see it about 2 months after it was released and it had been built up so much... bah.

Originally posted by Missy
    ahhh, i see. it was him! i was ver puzzled after watching that, thank you for clearing it up for me.:)

So the shot of the person in question returning to their house, drenched in blood, didn't tip you off at all?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

The worst film ever has to be "The Cube"
    OMG i watched that from start to finishing waiting on something good to happen. When one of them finally gets out of this "cube" my tv screen went white then all the credits came up rofl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

May have been mentioned but so what.. Dungeons and Dragons scarred me for life it was so bad.. shudder....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Typedef
    Showdown in Little Tokyo

No, that film rocked!

As did many of the films mentioned on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 phil_h

it has to be without doubt "Million Dollar Hotel". bono can **** off down his own arse for all i care.
    anyone seen "burn hollywood burn". a master class on how to kill a film.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

City of Angels
    Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (I'm serious - everyone was raving about it even before it came out and I was very disappointed)
    Delta Force etc
    Dinotopia (or something similar - cant remember name)
    Some Like It Hot
    Blade Runner (ok, it's not one of the worst but I found it amazingly boring)

Originally posted by Spiffing
    Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (I'm serious - everyone was raving about it even before it came out and I was very disappointed)

:confused:

This is a joke, right?

Originally posted by AngelWhore

:confused:

This is a joke, right?

Er...no :p

You know, whenever I see someone saying that LOTR was crap, I just think they're bieng arguementative, just to piss people off.
    I've seen a good few people who were just blatantly obvious about it too. That 'Longfield' for one, who posted a thread just to tell us all how bad it was, he basically spent the entire thread insulting everyone in the most childish manner possible.

Don't get me wrong though.
    I know lots of people who didn't like it at all, but they were just generaly not into fantasy. "Ah, it's good, if you're into that sorta thing."

But saying it's 'The worst film ever" is ridiculous!

Although, I can understand completely where you're coming from.
    Hype can ruin something, just look at my post in the Blair Witch thread, it's the same thing.

But for me, I thought the film completely transcended all hype.
    I was massively looking farward to it for months on end.
    And no amount of hype prepared me for what I saw.

But of course, I will go on to beleive that it's simply the greatest film ever, and that you're a complete pleb. :)

Originally posted by wee man
    The worst film ever made was legaly blonde, I had to watch the
    full film with my girlfriend. I mean common who cares if a blonde
    goes to law school, big deal.:o :rolleyes:

Another movie like that is "Bring It On"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭frankly

Originally posted by spooffing Some Like It Hot

wIND up merchant. Thread is "Worst Films Ever" not "most amazingly boring" & Some Like it Hot is a classic IMO

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    Bla bla bla

Well, I'm not into fantasy and fairytales type stuff, si I didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not one to go with the crowd.
    Originally posted by frankly
    wIND up merchant. Thread is "Worst Films Ever" not "most amazingly boring" & Some Like it Hot is a classic IMO

No! The pain of reading a few extra words! I'm so sorry! Btw, Some Like It Hot is pure sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the worst film i ever seem was NORTH. it was about this boy who wanted new parents. He then fell asleep and dreamed about the different parents he could have in the world. Then he woke up.

it was drivail. I picked it and was sorry. i was out in 1994. God i love the Internet Movie Database. Here is the link to the film.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0110687

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

What about Mistress! (I'll be amazed if anyone saw it!!!)

De Niro's darkest hour.

Nuff' said.

Originally posted by Spiffing

Well, I'm not into fantasy and fairytales type stuff, si I didn't enjoy it at all. I'm not one to go with the crowd.

All fair enough if you don't like fantasy. I've seen very few people who weren't into fantasy enjoy the film.

But can the "Holier Than Thou" **** about not going with the crowd. That's just plain childish.

• Advertisement
Advertisement