Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Films EVER!

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

Originally posted by Spiffing
    City of Angels
    Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring (I'm serious - everyone was raving about it even before it came out and I was very disappointed)
    Delta Force etc
    Dinotopia (or something similar - cant remember name)
    Some Like It Hot
    Blade Runner (ok, it's not one of the worst but I found it amazingly boring)
    [/QUOTE

I found lotr to be visual candy, it's was the most magnificent thing I ever lais eyes on, onscreen. I think they deserve the oscar for sure. But you do have to be into that type of movie to enjoy it,

I recenlty saw THE MEXICAN and felt as if i had just wasted 2 hours of my life in the worst way. who would of thought that with two big stars like roberts and pitt , that a movie could suck that bad.
    I have a load of others that should have never been made but this is the most recent one i saw that sucked.

now, a movie i saw and didnt hate but was dissappointed by was that one with nicole kidman that was suppose to be scary or whatever. Everyone raves about it but it really doesnt qualify as a thriller at all.

and that's all I have to say about that. :)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    But can the "Holier Than Thou" **** about not going with the crowd. That's just plain childish.

No. Even before it came out everyone I knew were raving about it, and how good it was going to be. It might not be the worst film ever but it ain't good ebough to get 6/10 from me. That's just me. Live with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

No. Even before it came out everyone I knew were raving about it, and how good it was going to be. It might not be the worst film ever but it ain't good ebough to get 6/10 from me. That's just me. Live with it.

Live with it? LIVE WITH IT!?
    WFT are you talking about now?
    We're not ****ing living together, you tit.

Stop splurting those dumb buzz-phrases at me in each reply!

Please tell me that you are a retard, or I will weep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Originally posted by IRISHLILY24
    I found lotr to be visual candy, it's was the most magnificent thing I ever lais eyes on, onscreen. I think they deserve the oscar for sure. But you do have to be into that type of movie to enjoy it,
    [/B]

Yeah, it looked brilliant, but was i the only one who thought the dwarves were so thick?

"hey, i've got an idea! Despite the fact we are quite short, lets make the ceiling in Morias great hall about 300 metres high!"
    "Yeah! great idea!"

Dwarves. and we wonder why they're not around now. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

We're not ****ing living together, you tit.

He never said you were.

He said "Live with it"... which I took up to be meant like "Deal with it" or "put up with it".

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, AngelWhore. Life goes on.

Worst movie ever? Man Bites Dog.

Originally posted by Bard
    He never said you were.

He said "Live with it"... which I took up to be meant like "Deal with it" or "put up with it".

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, AngelWhore. Life goes on.

That's my point exactly, Bard.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, this is a board for discussion.
    So why not discuss?

Throwing around phrases like "Live With It" or "Put Up With It" is just plain muppetry.
    Just look at the last comment there.
    I rest my case.

That's my point exactly, Bard.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, this is a board for discussion.
    So why not discuss?

Throwing around phrases like "Live With It" or "Put Up With It" is just plain muppetry.
    Just look at the last comment there.
    I rest my case.

Because you've gone miles off the subject, and acting immaturely. You can't seem to accept that someone, out there, doesn't like LotR.

Because you've gone miles off the subject, and acting immaturely. You can't seem to accept that someone, out there, doesn't like LotR.

Acting immaturely? Pot/Kettle/Black.

Not catching on, are you?
    You've found the quote button, but as it seems, you've no idea what you're quoting.

Let me say it again.
    This is a board for discussion.
    That is what I am doing here.

It's not a fact that I can't accept that someone doesn't like LOTR.
    I know many people who didn't like the film.
    Don't get me wrong though.
    I know lots of people who didn't like it at all, but they were just generaly not into fantasy. "Ah, it's good, if you're into that sorta thing."

Don't think I'm just being an arsehole.
    Many people on here, who I am indeed great friends with, we have some very long, and sometimes heated arguements about some rather trivial things. This is just the way of things.

So forgive me if I find "Just live with it" not a suitable arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭IRISHLILY24

Ok boys, Play nice.
    It's just a message board. lol
    ;)

• Advertisement

We started arguing about LotR. Then you started complaining to me about saying 'Live with it' and LotR was forgotten. And Live with it was not an arguement, rather a suggestion, seeing as you resorted to using what were supposed to be insults.
    But can the "Holier Than Thou" **** about not going with the crowd. That's just plain childish.

You seem to drag the arguement out. I like it, you don't, let that be the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

From Dusk till Dawn is a classic flick IMO. Can't believe so many peeps consider it the worst.

That and "Zombie Flesh Eaters" are two classic B-rated horror flicks.

Worst film ever...........Batman and Robin

We started arguing about LotR. Then you started complaining to me about saying 'Live with it' and LotR was forgotten. And Live with it was not an arguement, rather a suggestion, seeing as you resorted to using what were supposed to be insults.

You seem to drag the arguement out. I like it, you don't, let that be the end of it.

No, I found the term "Live With It" hilarious.

I know it was a "Suggestion".
    My whole point was that it wasn't an arguement!

And what are you saying "Supposed to be" insults?
    Either I insulted you or I didn't.
    There's always a good deal of sarcasm in my posts, so "Live With It!"
    Just dont take it like I'm trying to insult you, because I'm not... Really.

Take a look at one of my first replies to you.
    I even mentioned how I could relate to you about the hype ruining a film. But all you did was quote me as "Bla Bla Bla" and say how you don't go with the crowd. Which I thought was rather childish.

So yes, I'm probably dragging the arguement out a fair bit.
    But basically what I'm saying is, c'mon man! Give it a bit of welly, and argue properly!

Originally posted by Kaimera
    From Dusk till Dawn is a classic flick IMO. Can't believe so many peeps consider it the worst.

That and "Zombie Flesh Eaters" are two classic B-rated horror flicks.

Worst film ever...........Batman and Robin

Yes, those are two very class films indeed.
    No idea what's wrong with people saying From Dusk Till Dawn is crap.

Although I've never seen Batman and Robin, and I don't think I will either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Drunk pirate

Truely the worst film ever. Unfunny boring and sh!te:mad:

Take a look at one of my first replies to you.
    I even mentioned how I could relate to you about the hype ruining a film. But all you did was quote me as "Bla Bla Bla" and say how you don't go with the crowd. Which I thought was rather childish.

The only reason I put bla bla bla was because your post it was relating to was quite long (compared to other posts). And thisa arguements overly complex when it's quite simple.

Ah, I'm not gonna bother any more...

So how could you honestly call Blade Runner one of the worst films ever!?

I dunno, just boring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

...and the Director's Cut is 15% more boring!!!

In Widescreen!!!

(Oh yeah, and if anybody points out that the Director's Cut is actually shorter than the original, I know!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭immort4l

I just read the argument :) quite amusing.This always happens on boards,it's always something so stupid people end up getting worked up over :)

Angelwhore were you at vader?Excellent gig..

Originally posted by doubledown
    ...and the Director's Cut is 15% more boring!!!

In Widescreen!!!

(Oh yeah, and if anybody points out that the Director's Cut is actually shorter than the original, I know!)

I've got the Directors Cut though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

"Say It Isn't So"- a relatively new one with Chris Klein. Don't go near it.
    Close second is "The Preachers Wife"- Whitney Houston. That was painfully bad.

Advertisement