Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disapointing Games and Hype

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

tribes2 - 2 years of waiting for something which at least prevents drink spilling on my table.

damn you syx, i was just going to say planetside is so hyped, theres no way it can be any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Black and White
    Medal of Honour: Allied Assault
    Metal Gear Solid 2

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

have been playing MOHAA for a while now and for me it is a BIG BIG disappointment. I've been hearing so much about its single player - and imo there is nothing special whatsoever about it. MOHAA sp doesn't even come close to Max Payne. It is just another run of the mill slaughterathon. The infinite respawning in it is INCREDIBLY irritating. Obviously they couldn't figure out how to make the enemies difficult to beat, so they just make them constantly reappear. Even after you clear an area you can have dozens of enemies instantly respawn the moment you turn your back on area. Fpin stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Halo (PC)

Unlikely ever to see the light of day. Already on the Xbox (and pretty disappointing).
    TFC2

Unlikely ever to be released as a commercial product - it seems infinitely more likely that it'll be an addon or extra game mode for HL2.
    Unreal2

Aye. Been messing around with beta code a little bit - best looking game ever, without a doubt.

Unreal Warfare (they'll be in direct competition with each other afaik)

Unreal Warfare is an engine, not a game. The three Unreal games in production right now are Unreal 2 (single player only), Unreal Tournament 2 (multiplayer only) and Unreal Championship (Xbox).

Planetside (unless you havea beast of a PC, no need to work and a 20MBit net-connection - which will leave you playing with yourself, again).

I've yet to be convinced that there is anything even remotely good or interesting about Planetside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Shinji

...Unreal 2 (single player only), Unreal Tournament 2 (multiplayer only)...

I've yet to be convinced that there is anything even remotely good or interesting about Planetside.

You mean to tell me they expect us to pay an extra..what is it?..€60 just for the privilage of playing the game with other people?

As if single player games weren't already overpriced and diluted enough. I'd be surprised if Unreal 2 lasted me more than 10 hours. Nuts to that

Planetside...good idea, but it looks a bit too Tribes 2 to me...just wont work. They'll fck it up somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You mean to tell me they expect us to pay an extra..what is it?..€60 just for the privilage of playing the game with other people?

No, I mean that there are two totally different games being created by two totally different development studios in different parts of the USA, one of them is a single player game, one of them is a multiplayer game, and they both just happen to be part of the Unreal franchise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

(HALO)
    Unlikely ever to see the light of day. Already on the Xbox (and pretty disappointing).
    It is on the PC already,if I had £35 to throw abut i would buy it,take a pic of it,and send it to everyone on the games board who refuses to believe me...........
    But i aint got £35 handy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

1)bring a digital camera into EB.
    2)Take a snap.
    3)Post said snap.

Simple really.

Thx for clearing things up about Unreal Shinji

Imho (no flames please), MGS wasn't all that much cop.
    It was ok, if a little linear with a horrible dated clichéd storyline and top-down thridperson gaming. Not very absorbing.
    Played it until Metal Gear, after 8-9 hours straight (ish - I didn't time myself or anything). Left it down, made some tea and went outside. it was soon forgotten.
    It was (and is) over-hyped.
    have yet to play MGS2, but I've heard it's musch the same. :(
    I've yet to form my won judgement on it though.
    Anyone willing to donate a copy and system to play it on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

about halo:

i can remember when they started hyping Halo back in the 1999/2000 period and it was featured on the back of the voodoo5 card box. pity i cant sue 3dfx anymore for false advertising if i cant run the game when (if) it gets released :)

adnans

• Advertisement
Advertisement