Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teamtalk 252 On EPG Number 910

• 26-02-2002 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

if anyone doesn't know:
    Teamtalk 252 is on the EPG at number 910. finally a 24 hour sports radio station is available on the Irish EPG :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

........... with absolutely no sports rights to broadcast...

If it hasn't got live sport of interest, I ain't listening. 5 Live all the way. Even on MW.

Anyways, the only live sport on the LW band is Radio 4's Test Match Special, which is on right now..... (and available on Sky Digital for us on Add Channels)

Blowers, my dear old thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

yeah,

and it is totally un prefessional sounding, it has little or no decent content and in general sounds like one of the loacl stations over here in sligo CRAP!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Element 4
    yeah,

and it is totally un prefessional sounding, it has little or no decent content and in general sounds like one of the loacl stations over here in sligo CRAP!

It can't sound any worse than NWR, can it?:D I want 5Live and I want it NOW!:D

stretching OT, but what is 693 kHz like in Donegal, IrishByte??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not great, I'm afraid but then no MW channel is. It keeps phasing from loud to whizzes, etc which is very annoying:mad: I would like to know how to make a highgain MW aerial so if anyone has tips, let me know:cool:

• Advertisement

Then I'll direct you the Yahoo! Group called "The Wirelist."

They are a bunch of UK Radio enthusiasts, akin to the MHP Chat group on TV Presentation.

HTH,

Damo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

Can somebody explian to me why 5live is not available

Is it only to do with rights over broadcasting footy?

Yes, for the most part.

As 5 Live has the rights to sports broadcasts in the UK, 5 Live can only broadcast to the UK.

Now, if it was FTA, like the other BBC Radio stations, anyone with an FTA box in Europe can get these channels.

And some sports dont like this. :mad:

Advertisement