Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladyfest London 2002

Options
  • 26-02-2002 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

A girl I work with is helping to organise this, and I'd like to get an Irish contigent over:

LADYFEST LONDON are looking for female musicians, DJs, performers, artists, film makers etc to take part in the Ladyfest London festival in August 2002 at the Garage - Highbury & Islington, the Oak Bar - N16 and other venues to be confirmed.

We are also looking for people who would like to get involved in the series of fundraising benefits in the run up to the festival.

Ladyfest London is a festival intended to celebrate, encourage and raise the profile of women in all aspects of the Arts. Although it has risen out of the ashes of the Riot Grrl movement in the early 1990s, Ladyfest is not just about girls in stripey tights singing shouty songs (although there will be plenty of that about no doubt!) ... our aim is to represent as many forms of performance and art as possible, and as many musical genres as possible.

The festival is a charity event, all money raised will be put back into women's arts charities. As such, money may be short and we ask performers to keep this in mind when requesting fees.

If you interested in taking part or would like more information, please e-mail ---

art : lflondonart@hotmail.com
    music : lflondonmusic@hotmail.com (nb if you are a DJ please mark FAO Naz)
    performance art/poetry/plays etc : lflondonwords@hotmail.com
    workshops : lflondonworkshops@hotmail.com
    other : ladyfestlondon@hotmail.com

ps boys are most welcome to come to the festival/help out

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I reckon we should get a LadFest 2002 going just to even things out!

bomb

best of luck by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Somebody on the thumped.com suggested Trannyfest 2002, also a good idea.

Advertisement