Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Nation of Writers?

Options
  • 26-02-2002 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

I was reading somewhere that there are more writers per 1000 of the population in Ireland than any other country. Is this true? And are there many here who have written, tried or wanted to write a book?

Fade to Credits
    Scipio_major

Have you ever tried writing a book? 20 votes

Yes and I finished it too by god
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but I didn't finish it. Lost the plot
    20% 4 votes
    Yes, had it all planned but never got round to writing it
    15% 3 votes
    No, One of the many things I intend on doing before I die
    35% 7 votes
    No, I'll leave writing to the writers
    30% 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Da_Kid

...I'm writing something atm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Just depends on the point of view. I have boxes full of stuff I wrote when I didn't have a computer + CDs full of stuff I have written more recently.
    I wouldn't be looking at being published. I write for myself, it's a 'private' pleasure. And I wouldn't say I am good enough to be published in any case.
    When I write about somebody, I make them read what I wrote. It's things I didn't manage to say.
    Otherwise, I do know plenty of people who write and are trying to be published. I wouldn't know of the Irish ratio though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I'm in the process of wrestling out a work of fiction at the moment. Have previously seen m'name in print, but not on the spine of the great modern novel unfortunately so that's my next goal.

Tell you what though, and I know I've posted this somewhere before, but my GOD it takes AGES...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm just too f*****g lazy :D

Advertisement