Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drug of the Nation

• 26-02-2002 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

You may think I'm some kind of weirdo here, but....

I haven't had a tv set since October 2001 and I don't miss it at all. I was sick of wasting my time watching utter crap like the Villa, gameshows, the fekin soaps etc. I missed the Simpsons, Sopranos etc for a while but thats all. I'm totally clean now!

Night time radio is excellent, I'm reading much more, doing "stuff" and meeting my friends more often. Its great!

So get rid of it, thats my advice.

Anybody else ever try giving up..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i watch buffy and angel
    the onyl 2 things i wouldnt miss

i can live without the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I had no TV for a year when I first moved out, the only time I missed it was when my firends called round and got all fidgety cause they couldn't turn on the box. Oh, and I had to go home to my folks to watch the Simpsons, 'twas the days when they were only on once a week on Sky.

I've been living in London for 5 months now and there's so much good stuff on the radio that I could easily live without a teevee, except that I work for a TV/radio listings company so I need to keep abreast of things. But we mostly use it for playing our 70s video tennis game.

Having said that, I haven't had a video since I moved over, and I do miss that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i'm pretty much the same,
    buffy and angel are the only two shows I REALLY don't want to miss, and would kick up ****e over if I was made miss them..

i don't watch much else, unless I'm bored and not in the mood to read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

My TV ran away with the cat, or was that the micro........

Advertisement