Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat Response

• 07-02-2001 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Right my last post on this (other than responding to people who insist auto redial and download managers are the answer to 50 + engaged tones and 3 hour cutoffs ;-)

Here is one email back from esat (the latest one)

<snip>
    You may have experienced some problems accessing our Internet service in
    recent weeks, getting busy signals requiring you to dial up several times
    before you get a connection. This is because the IOL / Esat Clear network
    has been experiencing a certain amount of congestion at busy and peak
    times - generally between 8pm and 10pm, meaning a small number of customers
    receive an engaged tone when they dial up to connect to the Internet.

We have a dedicated team of people working to enhance capacity and resolving
    this congestion issue. We estimate that that this problem will be resolved
    very shortly and your Internet service will be restored to normal. In the
    meantime we hope you will bear with us.

We would like to apologise for any poor quality service you may have
    experienced, which is as a result of a recent surge of new customers, and to
    thank you for your valued custom. IOL / Esat Clear looks forward to
    continuing to provide you with a quality Internet service in the future.

Regards
    Internet Technical Support
    1890 923 111
    www.esatfusion.ie
    http://help.iol.ie
    </snip>

I also followed this up with a call and was assured (fairly convinvingly actually) that is will be sorted very soon.

G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

esats answer is to impose a 3hr cutoff, due to people complaining about engaged tones. well done, *clap clap*, i'd rather let my re-dialer try 60 times than have the 3hr cutoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't think anyone ever claimed that autoredial and download managers were the answer to the engaged tones. There IS no answer there. It's the only available answer, mind you, to disconnections or dropped calls.

If it's engaged, it's engaged- nothing that you can do at your end - the problem being that their system is too overloaded to take any more calls, - a problem that they have to sort out at their end.

From what you've said, it sounds somewhat promising and they're really working on increasing their capacity... perhaps we can all chill out and wait and see, eh? smile.gif

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Oh no! They're trying to get service back to normal! You'd think they'd try to give us a decent service instead. frown.gif

Advertisement