Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ENN: Ennis trials new high-speed Net service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

so what you saying is, in 3 years time we will be trialing vdsl in dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The new trial will complement the existing ADSL trials that have been ongoing in Ennis for around three years.

What I want to know is what the hell are they trialling?

We know it works, the world know it works. Why the hell is it being trialled for 3 years?

Ick. That sickens me.

Ivan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

To be fair Ivan, VDSL is a (relatively) new technology that hasn't been trialled extensively in the real world. I just find it ironic, which is why I posted it.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Originally posted by dahamsta
    To be fair Ivan, VDSL is a (relatively) new technology that hasn't been trialled extensively in the real world. I just find it ironic, which is why I posted it.

adam
    Aye, afaik the VDSL standard is not even ratified yet, their (IEEE & other bodies) still trying to decide exactly how it will be implemented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Ennis? GOD DAMNIT!!! i live in shannon :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

I don't remember the exact details, but at the last IOFFL meeting
    in Dublin didn't an Eircom representative say that the average number of hours people spend on line was very low. One of the reasons she gave for this was thAT people were "bored" with the internet. :rolleyes:

Well don't the latest figures from the Ennis project refute that claim, especially when you see that they spend more time online than anyone else in the country.

Maybe the info gathering group could use this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

In finland they have been trialling DSL technology with d/l speeds of 10mbit. That's since at least last August, and chances are, as already stated we won't see it for anywhere up wards of 3 years in the rest of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yea but who needs DSL in Finland, everyone has 20-40mb Cable. Admittedly, its shared between a lotta people, but still...

Advertisement